So this has been my first week back at work. All in all, it's been okay. I mean, I have to work, right? And it isn't like the job is all that difficult. I just hate going in at night now. My sleep schedule is all out of whack and I feel like I sleep all the time. Here's what my schedule looks like starting with going into work.
11 PM - 7 AM Work I eat breakfast about 4 AM.
7:45 Am Home and get ready for bed
8 AM In bed and hopefully asleep by 8:30 but sometimes not before 9
1 PM Usually wide awake and ready to get up after being up and down 2-3 times while sleeping to go to the bathroom. Eat something.
6 PM Dinner and meds
7 - 10:15 PM Back to bed.
10:30 PM Leave the house to go back to work and start all over again.
There is just very little time in this schedule for me. I absolutely HATE it. They are opening a new program eventually and I am going to apply for the Program Manager job in that home. It would at least be a daytime position. If Tim doesn't take care of himself this time I'll kick his ass. I'm not staying on this overnight shift forever, no matter how much I love him!
That's my rant about work and husbands today.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
First Week Back at Work
Posted by Karon at 10/23/2008 05:09:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hopefully things will even out with your sleep for you a bit after a few weeks. Maybe as well you'll even get the day shift again! Hang in there! :-)
When I used to work nights this was about the same schedule I had.
Just never could get a nice big chunk of sleep time.
Sleep depravation can cause depression so be watchful for that.
It is all worth it tho. You are looking so good.
I have retired but have to have a hysterectomy this next Monday.
Say a few prayers for me and I will do the same for you.
Post a Comment