It's back to water aerobics for me tonight. I don't want to go cuz I know the water is going to be COLD. Add to that the dropping temps here in northern IL and it spells doom. The hubby will make me go though, so no worries.
I had a good non-scale victory today. Last summer before going to Alaska to see my dear friend and sister Teresa from right here on SP, I purchased a bra top for wearing to swim. I never wore it for a couple reasons, but was glad not to because it really didn't fit well. I tried it on this morning to see if I can wear it instead of a sports bra and t-shirt to class tonight and it fit! Woo hoo for me.
Also got some great comments at work last night from a couple people. It made me smile because so many have said nothing. One told me I was going to have to get new pants soon as the ones I had on were baggy. I told her those were my new ones. I just got them a couple weeks ago! Thank goodness they have drawstrings. I guess maybe I'm getting closer to a 3X than I thought.
Lastly, so many told me that my tastes would change following surgery. I didn't really believe them but it must be true. Before surgery, the thought of eating yogurt made me feel sick. Today I ate 3/4 of a light Yoplait yogurt. It was quite tasty. The flavor was raspberry cheesecake and I didn't mind it at all. I have three other flavors to try and am hoping that I will be able to tolerate them all. I know it's a good source of protein and a healthy snack or meal. Interesting side effect of weight loss surgery, changing taste buds. Who would have thunk it? LOL
Got appointments set for mammogram, cardiologist, and three month post-op surgeon appointment. Picked a date for lab work at the end of the month for CBC, complete metabolic panel, and tsh with free T4 tests. Now I just have to keep the appointments.
Have a great week, everyone!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Victories Abound
Posted by Karon at 10/27/2008 03:34:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Karon!
I'd send you some 3x clothes from here in California but by the time they get to you, you'll probably be needing a 2x! Congratulations!
Water aerobics will be fun, you'll warm right up once you get moving. It's been a long time since I was in the pool last...
Tomorrow morning I go to exercise with a friend, if my son is well enough to go to school. He caught the stomach flu so is home resting today.
That yogurt sounds yummmmmy!
Have a great class tonight.
Ann
How did water aerobics go???
Ann
glad your doing so good! its always nice when people notice youve lost weight! have a good rest of the week. hugs
Post a Comment