The hospital found my clothes from when I had surgery. They had already sent me gift checks for $100 so I purchased me two pair of size 4X drawstring pants and two 4X tops. They had said I could keep the money for the inconvenience. I thought was quite generous.
Tuesday afternoon I went to see my surgeon for my four week follow-up. I had felt a little off kilter since Saturday. I thought I just needed an adjustment in my blood pressure meds. He reached out and took my pulse and it was erratic. He had them do an EKG and it was abnormal. He called my primary doc who said to send me to the ER. Got to the ER and they determined I was in atrial fibrillation (a-fib) and I ended up being admitted. I was put on different medications and as of two nights ago my heart rhythm is back to normal. I am still here because I was placed on Coumadin and they need me to be at a therapeutic level before they release me. Hopefully I'll be out of here tomorrow.
Other than that, I've been doing fine. Eating is going well. No issues per the surgeon. I got to add veggies but by the time I get my protein down, I'm full. Weight loss is 387 down to 359 though the surgeon said 51 pounds. I don't know what number they have as my start number but it must be different than mine.
Kids have gone home. My sister Debbie came back up to help with Tim. She has been a God send and I am so very thankful for her. Without her I don't know what we would do.
Thanks Barb, for letting my friends know what was going on.
Friday, October 10, 2008
In the Hospital
Posted by Karon at 10/10/2008 02:41:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hey Karon!
I'm sorry to hear that you're in the hospital! What do they think caused your atrial fibrillation? I'm glad they're straightening everything out for you and that they caught it before you had a bigger problem. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you're up to going home soon.
Love,
Ann
Oh dear. And here I thought you were just out having a great time with your family. I never dreamt you were stuck in some yucky hospital bed!!! I'm thinking of you girl. Many prayers going up that this thing gets worked out.
Your numbers are looking good! :)
sorry you had to go to the hospital! congrats on the weight loss! hugs
Oh my! I'm glad you are doing ok now, but that stinks that you are stuck in the hospital. Do they think this was caused by your surgery? Feel better soon! You're in my thoughts and prayers.
51 lbs that is sooooo cool.
You will be in those 4xs if you aren't already.
Do you feel lighter?
Hope your a-fib is doing better.
Post a Comment