CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm Doing Well

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing well. I feel great and am just focusing on getting ready to return to work. Was going to go back yesterday but extended my leave until Sunday. I will definitely go back on Sunday.

I went to the lab today. I was expecting to only have a finger stick to check my Coumadin level (PT-INR test) but the Coumadin clinic did not have an appointment and the lady there said the first test has to be a lab test. She'll call me tomorrow with the results and let me know when my next appointment is. From here on out, she said I should be able to do finger sticks. Thank goodness because my arms look like hell from all the sticks at the hospital.

I went and did my quarter mile walk this morning. It's nice and cool here in IL so I don't mind walking so much. I need to bump up and do half mile but for now the quarter mile is progress for me. I vow to keep that up.

Nothing much else to report but wanted to let everyone know I'm fine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well! It never fails when you think you know what the lab has planned for you, it's always something else that actually gets done. At least the rest are just finger pricks. I personally HATE the fingerprick tests and would rather have the blood drawn through my arm, my fingers are so sensitive that they hurt for a week afterwards. Fortunately I don't have diabetes like my mom and brother, and the finger pricks alone are enough to keep me behaving so I don't end up with diabetes.

Great job on the walking, you'll get to half a mile and beyond in a shorter time than you think I'm sure, especially now that your body is lighter.

Sunday is just around the corner, might as well relish your last few days off and be really refreshed for the work week ahead.

Okay, thanks for posting, I always love to read and keep up with you!

Ann

Jamie said...

Hey Karon, glad to hear that your are doing well. How exciting that you are walking a quarter mile at a time. Woo Hoo! Howz it going with the protein shakes. Find one you like yet???

Hope Tim is feeling well also. Have a great weekend before your work starts back up!

Janet said...

Glad you updated us.
Hope your energy level is ok.
How is the weight loss going?

Lisa said...

glad to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work! And, like Janet asked, how's the weight loss going?