CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Chugging Along

I'm still here and chugging along. I've been going to the fitness center in our apartment complex to walk on the treadmill and work out with free weights. I go to classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This past week my abs have been screaming since class. Who knew I even had them? LOL

Went last night to a health fair sponsored by the hospital where I had surgery and the bariatric center. It was nice. I had my body fat measured. Oh boy! I found out that my body fat is 47.5%. My fat weighs a whopping 152 lbs. My lean weight (fat-free) is 169 lbs. Those numbers are WAY too close, huh! I'm also still a little less hydrated than I should be. The good news is the more I exercise, the less fat I should have, the more muscle I should build, and the better I feel. At least I know I'm on the right track.

They had a raffle and I really wanted to win the Wii and Wii Fit. Unfortunately, Tim won a one hour massage and I won fitness bands and a workout on the ball DVD. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for the bands and DVD but I really wanted that game system and game. Guess one of these days I'll break down and buy it but it's going to be a while.

It's been very cold here in northern Illinois. I'm really tired of snow and even more tired of below zero reading with really below wind chills. I'm so ready for spring and winter has only just begun. *whining*

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I know exactly what you mean about the snow, cold and winter... I've had enough! LOL

*HUGS*
Nancy :-)

Lisa said...

Sorry you didn't win the Wii. I have heard that it is really fun to use.

Same feelings here on the snow and cold. I'm ready for spring to get here too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, lookee see what the cat dragged in, and carrying a nice wedge of cheddar to go along with that whine.

Just wanted to drop you a note to say hi, and sounds like you are doing great things, my friend.

I will have to dig around and find an email address for you, and send you a right proper note that way.

Keep up the good work!@!!!!

Janet said...

One of these days spring will be here and we will, all be so glad. Sounds like your doing good. Keep it up.