My sister came up yesterday and we went to a good sized flea market here in Chicagoland. According to my pedometer, we walked over a mile just there. I did very well with all the walking. At one point I could have sat down and rested but there was no place to do that so I trudged on through. My knees were screaming near the end but I never complained. I just kept going. I will say that not only my knees, but my ankles as well are letting me know that they were pushed to their limits yesterday.
Other parts of my body are aching today, too. I shoveled snow through the day for a total of just over an hour. We got twelve inches of that white junk and I shoveled multiple times to keep on top of it. It works for me and it keeps me from having to do one big shovel job that is way too heavy. I honestly don't mind shoveling anymore. I see it as one more way to get in natural, incidental exercise. My hubby thinks I'm NUTS!
Today will be a day on what I call incidental exercise. We'll go to church this morning where I will sing to praise and worship and I will be dancing around as I do so. This afternoon means a trip to the grocery store for our early week shop. We'll go again on Thursday or Friday so this will not be a complete shop, however, since I choose to walk every aisle of the store no matter what, it will still be beneficial as far as exercise goes. After that, I'm going to rest and veg in front of the television watching stuff I recorded last week but haven't had the opportunity to watch yet.
The weight continues to come off. I lost five pounds last week. I'm encouraged by all my progress. I was going to go back yesterday to the fitness center in my apartment complex but with all the walking and shoveling I did, I chose not to go. Maybe Monday will be my next trip. I choose not to do any formal exercise on Sundays. It is my one day of the week that I make the conscious decision to only get incidental exercise. Everyone needs a day to rest, in my opinion!
Have a great week, everyone!!!
Anonymous ... I had surgery at Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield. They have a wonderful bariatric program with awesome follow-up care including support groups, nutriton groups, and exercise stuff. My surgeon is Dr. Van Vallina. I have Blue Cross Insurance. They do lapband as well as gastric bypass surgery. A good reference book I found very informative and helpful was "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies" which I purchased through amazon.com for less than $15. I can honestly say I've not had one regret since surgery, though I wondered a time or two if I had done the right thing in the beginning. Feel free to email me privately if you want to talk further or want more information. I'm always happy to share and try to help others in their battle with the weight. My email is norakeno@yahoo.com
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Incidental Exercise
Posted by Karon at 1/11/2009 07:49:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Karon, its been awhile since I have been able to stop by. I am so glad to find you doing so well my friend.
You hit 200 pounds lost! How very exciting. Look at you go girl, your nipping at my heels. Before I know it you will have caught me. I'm so proud of you!
I envy you in your determination regarding exercise. Keep up the good work hon!
Good Job Karon. Your doing great.
Thank you for the information!
Hey Karon!
Look at you loving exercise where not too long ago you were totally stressed about even setting foot in your apartment complex's gym! GO KARON!
Your old friend Ann is still gaining and losing the same 10 pounds. A girl in my weight loss group just had weight loss surgery and already has lost 21 pounds.....I'm starting to wonder if I should just go ahead and look into it....but have to work out whether it's a jealousy thing or a REALLY wanting to have surgery thing.....
Anyhoo, enough rambling from me. Congrats on your super optimistic attitude and all that exercise you're fitting in at every chance!!
Ann
Post a Comment