I am progressing in the exercise arena, obviously. Today the hubby and I went to the fitness center here at our apartment complex. I managed to walk on the treadmill for 18 minutes. I was shooting for 20 but then decided at the last minute to increase from 2.6 to 3.0 mph near the end of the walk. Oh my! My heart was pounding. My breathing got very labored. The sweat was pouring. I did the 3.0 for a total of one minute but it was a HUGE accomplishment for me. Now I know I can do it. The entire minute I was chanting "I can do this. Yes, I CAN!" I was very happy to make it to the one minute mark and slow back down to 2.6 mph. After the 3.0 mph, the slower pace almost felt too slow. Imagine that!
Another plus about those minutes on the treadmill is the fact that my pedometer registered 17 out of the 18 minutes as aerobic steps. I set a new personal record for number of aerobic steps during my walk. I have to admit that I'm pretty doggone proud of myself.
I also did a ten minute strength training workout with weights. It felt great and I'm finding that I can actually inspire myself to move my body lately. That's a BIG deal for me, a former couch potato who weighed over 530 pounds. As of today, I'm down to 320.4 lbs. I feel so great ... about my progress, my courage, my inspiration, my motivation, and just about life in general. Thanks for reading!
Monday, January 19, 2009
More Exercise News
Posted by Karon at 1/19/2009 04:29:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
you go girl!!!!!!!! hope you have a great week. hugs
You have a right to feel that way.
I am so proud of you. You inspire me.
Yeah Karon! It's great that you're pushing outside of the comfort zone a little bit! Keep it up!
Ann
Post a Comment