CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 09, 2009

Working it out

I'm pretty proud of myself today. I went to the fitness center at our apartment complex and walked on the treadmill. It was a spur of the moment, while I was out and about decision. I forgot my water bottle or I would have walked a little longer. At least I did it, though!

I also did a free weight routine I learned last night at my strength training class. I usually use three pound weights but they didn't have those so I used five pounds today. Bet I feel that tomorrow! LOL

I'm still going to my exercise classes (equipment training and aerobics) two nights a week. I've stopped going to the water aerobics because of the cold water for now. I still pay for it (or consider a freebie cuz you pay for three classes thru where I go and get the rest free) so I have the option to start up again as soon as I feel it's warm enough.

I'm going to join a local gym. It's only $8 to join and $20 month. They have a good amount of equipment there and a lot of centers I can choose to go to. One is actually right on my way home from work so I can stop there at least three out of five days and get a workout before heading home and to bed. I'm going to give a try and see what happens. If I don't use it, in a couple months I can cancel it with no penalties. It is month to month and no hassles.

Other than that, weight is still coming off. As of today I'm down to 325 pounds. I cannot remember when I last weighed this little. Tim and I did some figuring and it has to have been at least 20 years ago. I'm still amazed that I've lost 200 lbs and continuing to lose. Yeah, I know I had the surgery last fall but dang, it seems I've been trying to lose weight my whole life! Finally, it's working.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are doing great! I'm inspired. I've been seriously considering bariatric surgery myself. I live in Illinois and I wonder if you would consider posting the name of your surgeon or center you went through. Thanks. Keep getting healthy.

Janet said...

325 Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Keep it up girl (and I know you will)
I think it is fantastic that you walked on the treadmill in a spur of the moment kind of thing. You could have just as easily done some food but you are training your brain to be thin.
That is so coooooool

*Tracy* said...

soooooo proud of you! glad the scale is still moving. hugs

Nancy said...

You go girl!! Keep up the good work!
*HUGS*
Nancy :-)