Imagine my surprise when I went to work yesterday and found out that the program manager is going on vacation for the next ten days and I'm the person in charge! Huh? I'm supposed to manage spending $950 this week (most of it has already been spent and I have instructions as to what to do with the remainder) and I have to deal with all staffing issued. That is one HUGE headache I really don't need! I've begged my staff not to call off because I honestly don't have anyone I can call in. It really sucks!
Then during issues group, where the girls are supposed to discuss issues and not attack each other verbally, a physical fight broke out. I had to help break it up. Not fun at all. A little later, the same two girls got into it all over again. I sure do wish these girls would act like young adults instead of children and learn calling names and fighting solves nothing. Sheesh!
Here's how my challenge looked for yesterday:
1. exercise - 10 minute fitness ball workout
2. nothing white - none
3. water- 12 glasses
4. 2 fruit 4 green veggys- done
5. no alcohol- none
6. no eating before bed- 5 hours
I also logged 1.26 miles on my pedometer with a total of 4463 steps. I wasn't all that active but I figure that's a good start.
Friday, August 04, 2006
It gets rocky
Posted by Karon at 8/04/2006 10:17:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey Karon!
I'm trying to catch up with everyone's blogs today. I love the challenge you're doing. Maybe I'll check it out.
Sorry the job stinks. I'm in my final 3 days at mine and they are trying to get their money's worth.
Maybe the girls don't know how to act like ladies.
Would etiquette lessons help?
There is a lady in our town who, occasionally, teaches proper dinner etiquette.
The girls dress up and have a meal. Of course they are little girls but it sounds like your girls are not very mature.
Just a thought
Well I know it's no laughing matter but when I read your entry I though well they weren't supposed to attack each other verbally and they didn't - they did it physically instead!!
Hope things go as smoothly as possible without the program manager being there. This was certainly an unwelcome surprise - and why did it have to be a surprise I wonder?
Hi there... congrats on being on track with your challenge so far.. keep up the good work!
I understand completely about having to tell staff not to call out sick. I was the manager of a day program for developmentally disabled adults and I always had staff calling out with no other staff to take their place... it was massive stress! Hopefully the ten days you have to be in chare will go smoothly!
HUGS
Nan :-)
Post a Comment