CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 21, 2006

Really Tired

I dunno why but lately I'm feeling really tired. It's a physical exhaustion that has worn me down. At first I thought it was because of being in the hospital but I don't think that's it. I was telling Tim earlier today that maybe everything is just catching up with me right now. The stress of going back to work, the stress of the job itself, Tim's stroke, my infection ... it's all built up and worn me down. I don't have an answer to fix it right now but I'm working on it.

The overnight shift has two staff working it. This is a safeguard to ensure neither sleeps on the job. Generally, the girls are already in bed when the overnight staff arrive. They stay up on Friday nights until midnight but that's it. Overnight staff do have to wake the girls in the mornings to get ready for school. It really isn't that bad, really and as the morning rolls on, the day staff come in and take over. I'm actually looking forward to it.

It's been a nice few days off. We went to see the movie "Barnyard" the other evening. What a cute movie! It made me laugh and it made me almost cry. Such a poignant film that I really enjoyed. Such a great story of courage and inspiration. If you can get past the children, it's worth watching if you like stories with morals and such.

I'm back up to 400 pounds once again. Some of it is probably water weight from the saline in the hospital. I don't know why, but I can't seem to break below 390. I'm not going to fret about it much. I'm going to do my best and see what happens as I prepare for this surgery. Once it's behind me, I'll re-focus on the weight loss. My priorities right now are as follows: Change shifts and responsibilities at work. Get my health insurance. Find a plastic surgeon and get the pannus removed from my thigh. Get back on track and get the numbers to go down again on the scale.

I'm off to bed shortly. I'll try to check in the next day or two to update how work is going.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Glad you're OK now. I hadn't checked in for a few days, and it looks like everything fell apart at once! Hope you're feeling better and more rested. I think you'll have much less stress on the night shift.

Bear said...

Glad to see you back! Barb was nice enough to let us know what was happening, glad hear you are doing better with at least that. You have been dealing with alot of things lately as you pointed out I'm not suprised you are tired. Try to relax, take care of yourself and regroup. The weight loss will come in time.

Janet said...

You could put up hay for a week and not get as tired as having stress.
Stress will also hamper your weight loss.
Prayer works so I will say a few for you.

Missy said...

I'm glad you were able to have some days off and get in a movie. I think you are wise to focus on changing things at work, then taking care of insurance, surgery and then concentrating on the weightloss. Prioritizing is an important aspect of life! My prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon,

You posted this in your "Things That Inspire Me" section and I thought just maybe you could use a reminder.

"Whatever the goal we're pursuing,
no matter how rugged the climb,
we're certain to get there
by trying our best,
and taking One Day At A Time."

Hang in there... sometimes its actually "one minute at a time."

Prayers,
~^..^~