CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 25, 2006

Update on health issues and work

I wanted to share I just made my doctor appt with my new primary care physician when my insurance kicks in. The appt is for Sept 6 so I will be getting a referral for the plastic surgeon then, hopefully. I had to set up this first appt as a med check type appt with no mention of my leg so that the insurance carrier doesn't have a chance to cancel me. It does not rule you out for pre-existing conditions and there is no exclusion for them with the insurance, but better to be safe than sorry. I'll go back to the urgent care center I first went to for the follow-up on my infection and see if they want to keep the antibiotic going until I at least get in to see my primary. While there, I will be asking for the referral to get this pannus removed from my thigh, explaining the infection and what the surgeon said. I'm sure she'll be able to get the records from the hospital. Once I have a surgery date, I'll share that as well. First the regular doc appt, get the referral. Next see the surgeon for a consult and schedule the surgery. Then the surgery and rehab (I imagine).

I do have to say I can thank my boss for getting my butt in gear. She called the HR guy yesterday and demanded he send something to prove I'll be covered just in case my insurance cards don't show up before the first of Sept. He came through and provided the info I needed so I could go ahead and set up the appt. Only issue will be that a different doctor name will be on our cards when they come. Shouldn't be a problem, just a minor issue until we get new cards now that we know what doc we will be seeing.

I managed to be irritated at work yesterday. I showed up at 10 for a meeting that wasn't happening. Talked with the manager for an hour getting the weekend budget money (allowances, grocery money, clothing shopping money, activity money, etc) and clocked it in. The evening went okay but was busy. The girls had clinical group where we had a celebration because everyone was on level. Then we had to hurry and eat and off to the admin building for art therapy. As soon as that ended, back to the home and off we went to the library for an hour and a half. The girls were actually pretty good.

I ended up staying an hour past when I had to because one of the girls decided at 9 PM she'd rather be back in the psych hospital because her "boyfriend" was admitted there last night. She started in about having 'flashbacks' and wanting to kill herself. I know it was an attention getting ploy and she had commented to another staff earlier she wished she was back there so she could see him but still we had to notify the therapist who had to notify the psych doc who okayed an assessment. The assessment didn't happen because by the time all the phone calls were made, the girl was asleep. That was a good thing as the assessor was assessing two others and it would have been the wee hours of the morning before she got out to us. Never a dull moment, that's for sure!

My success for yesterday was I avoided the cake at the celebration of being on levels. It was my favorite too ... white cake with butter cream frosting from the bakery. Mmmmm!

Oh yeah, I am good to go with switching to the overnight shift as soon as I come back from surgery. My manager asked me to remain in my current position (as she pointed out it will be more money anyway) until I come back from surgery. They are using a temporary person in that slot (my slot) for now and when I'm ready to go back and have been released by the doc to go back, I'll slide right into the night position. I still need to talk to the recruiter and find out what my salary will be. I imagine I should be mid-range or upper range for the position based on education and experience but one never knows.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like things are starting to come along.
Your doing good.

Karon said...

Now if I could just get the weight loss going again, I'd be one happy gal. Little by little I'm getting there!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are taking shape and coming along for you. Don't stress over the weight right now. It will happen. Be a happy girl anyway! :)
~^..^~

Bob said...

I am happy to see that they are taking care of you with the insurance. It seems like things are coming together for you with all of this. And nice job passing up that cake. That isn't easy.