Tim fell on Sunday. I should have been there, holding onto him and it wouldn't have happened. It was a nasty fall. He tripped over a curb and scraped his left leg from the knee to mid shin. It bled forever and scared the crap out of me. I tell you, this man keeps me on my toes!
Got him home and washed it with saline solution and then peroxide. Once clean and somewhat dry, I put some Neosporin on it and left it open. Yesterday, the nurse at the doctor office said I did the right thing. She said it looks pretty good. She did give him a script for an antibiotic, though because of his poor circulation in his legs, any scrape is prone to infection with him.
I did a follow-up at urgent care on my infection. The doctor there gave me a script for more antibiotics to get me to the appointment I have next week with my new primary care doctor. She did piss me off, though! On her way out the door she said, "You really should consider gastric bypass". I was HOT! It took me about 5 seconds to let her know I've already managed to lose 140 pounds over the last 20 months without surgery, thank you very much! She looked at me skeptically and just muttered "good for you". I'm sure she didn't believe me but in retrospect, I don't give a damn. I know what I've done and I'm proud of it. Guess I'll see how my new primart acts a week from today. Sure hope he's nicer about it all. Maybe I should print out my before and now pics so he'll know I'm telling the truth. Have I mentioned I HATE doctors?!
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
On and on
Posted by Karon at 8/30/2006 10:58:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How very unprofessional that Dr. was!!!
However "Dr" does not mean "Nice". Some of them have poor people skills. Some of them are great.
You are a beautiful woman and very strong and capable.
Please don't "should" on yourself.
Tim very probably would have fallen even if you had been there.
Hope both of you heal up nicely with no problems.
Karen thats just WRONG! Any one Dr or otherwise that would say that to you should be avoided! I would just say what nerve you have to tell me to get a bypass. I just wanted to tell you how great you have done, and will continue to do! Keep up the good work :)
Post a Comment