I had a visit with my surgeon this morning. He surgeon said that the pathology showed the tumor was benign and it just grew. No way of knowing what caused it and hopefully, it will not return. It was pretty solid and he said he got it all. I'm pretty angry that the first doctor was so incompetent and told me losing weight and exercise would help. Tim asked him way back then, over a year ago, about removal via surgery and he hemmed and hawed and said maybe someday I'd want to go that route. I'm still considering a lawsuit but we'll see. I mean, an entire year of that thing growing on my leg, worrying about if it could be cancer, hoping it would start to go away, doing all I could to rid myself of extra water weight, etc.
Tim took new photos today after my doctor appointment. The surgeon removed some of the staples today and said hopefully the rest will come out next week. Some of them hurt like the dickens! Most of them were a little pinch and then nothing. The incision is very tender in a few spots. Near the bend of the knee, one spot is draining. I thought it was bleeding, but he explained it is extra fluids still leaking out and nothing to really worry about. It's normal, he said. I asked about anti-biotics and told him I'm out but he said I was on them for so long he'd like to keep me off of them if possible. He was quite happy with how the incision looks and is healing. Have to continue to shower and clean it daily and keep dressings on it. It's okay that I'm no longer wrapping it since the bandages wouldn't stay where they were supposed to. Matter of fact, he said Tim did an excellent job bandaging my this morning. Yea for Tim! I go back again next Wednesday. I'm still off work until that visit and then we'll see.
The amazing thing is when we got home and I decided to put on pants. It's getting pretty chilly here in Illinios and wearing a dress all the time isn't my style. Not that I didn't look cute as a button in my dresses (thanks to Mary, one of my Sparkfriends) and my bobby socks with gym shoes! *giggling* I put on my usualy black slacks and oh my gosh! I am literally swimming in them. The waist pulls the pants all the way up to my boobs and then some. The legs are big enough that I could probably fit both of my legs into one leg of the pants. I'm thinking this may be the very last time I wear these pants but I'm going to be holding onto them as my before pants when I get to my goal. Simply amazing!
I may put on a pair of the 4X pants I have and a 4X top and have Tim take a new photo tomorrow. After all, I need a new 'before' photo now that I'm ready to start again after a six month lull. Soon as I have one, I'll post it.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Two Weeks Post Op
Posted by Karon at 11/01/2006 09:58:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
GREAT NEWS, Karon! :)
~Eric
Hi, Karon.
Glad to hear that you are doing well. Hope you will feel up to returning to work next Wednesday. Once you are up and moving I bet you will really be motivated to continue your journey!
God bless.
- Randy
Post a Comment