CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Changes

So I went back to work on Thursday last week. I am no longer supervisor in one home but a floating supervisor subject to work in one of two homes on any given day. I will mostly work in the home I've been in but they let another gal be the 'real' supervisor. I cannot seem to get a straight explanation as to the why in this.

Had to go get Mandi and bring her home with us. Staying where she was just wasn't going to work while her boyfriend is at Marine boot camp and later for basic training. At least here, I know she's safe and has food. She'll get to all her OB appointments and take care of herself. She'll probably be here until the baby is born sometime in April. Her boyfriend will be out of basic training about that same time.

Inherited her kitty with her. She is eight months old but very small for her age. Poor baby doesn't know it yet, but she's going to be de-clawed as we can't risk Tim being scratched and getting an infection. And yes, I know Mandi cannot touch the kitty litter box.

I'm struggling to get back on track and stay there. I don't really understand why that is. I want to get this weight off. I've done great so far and I know I can do it again. I just don't know what is going on inside my head right now.

I'll be spending Thanksgiving with family. It means driving south again but we're going to stay overnight this time. Already have the reservation so we're good to go. I'm off work on Thurs, Fri, and Sat this week. In case I don't make it back before then, enjoy your Thanksgiving. Remember it's not about the food but about spending quality time with those you love!

4 comments:

Janet said...

There probably isn't any straight explanation as to why your the floating supervisor.
Those little kitty claws can do a lot of damage.
Hope you all stay as healthy as you can during this time.
You got a lot going on.
I know you can handle it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

I know I haven't posted lately but I do check in here regularly. It looks like you had a beautiful trip, what a great opportunity. My brother travels up to Alaska a lot with his work and he loves it up there.

Hopefully this floating shift will be easier on you than the last position...maybe they have a floater in case one of the regular supervisors gets sick? That's the only thing I can think of....imagine a house like that without a supervisor at all?

I'm glad to see you feeling better, that your leg is healing well. You always have new suprises going on in your life don't you. Congrats to Mandi for me. It's wonderful that she has a mom like you to help her out right now.

I had cats around all the time when I was growing up but my husband and middle son are allergic to them so I guess I'm going to get a canary or something non furry if I ever feel like adding a pet to my work load. :>

Anyway, I'm getting back on track these days....Dr's orders. Two of my best friends have Dr. husbands....one is my regular physician now and one specializes in weight issues. So I've recruited them both to help me out and there's no turning back now because they both know me personally so I can't run and hide. Who me, would I do something like that????

Okay, I'm off to make little people breakfast. Then I might dust off the treadmill and actually try and use it. If I ever have any extra money, hahahaha, I'm going to get a NEW treadmill because these used ones I always have to get are always acting up....I hate that!

Take care of yourself and know that I think of you often throughout my day!

Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karon! I pop in regularly to check on you! My cats have always come to me already declawed so they have always been indoor cats. I think that is why Boomer lived with me over 22 years and he was 2 when I got him...I have been on track but plan to get more serious on Friday!
Take care my friend!
~michelle

Sophia said...

Karon! hadn't talked to you in months...then couldn't 'find' you - and finally remembered that you had a blog linked from mine. WHEW!! Glad you're still keeping this up.

I caught up on a few of your entries - you had a TUMOR on your leg?? Oh dear girl...I'm so sorry - and so HAPPY that it's gone. You look absolutely amazingly AWESOME! :)

Will be back to checking in on you more regularly...it's my 'Thanksgiving resolution' (hate New Year's ones! :)
Sophia