So I guess today is called "Black Friday" because of the shopping. Today marks the first official shopping day for Christmas. I absolutely hate the way Christmas has been built up in the world of commerce. Ah well ...
Had a positively fabulous day yesterday. I got to eat Thanksgiving dinner twice. I visited with my oldest daughter and her boyfriend and baby for a while. I ate lunch at my younger sister's home. She was so sweet and prepared things so I could eat them. Started out with whole grain fat free crackers and a little bit of a cheese ball she made using fat free cream cheese. Had some veggies with a little low fat ranch dip. Moved on to a bit of turkey, one spoon of stuffing and a little gravy drizzled over the top, two spoons of green bean casserole, a spoon of turkey and noodles, and a dinner roll. It was quite yummy! Then we visited for a while.
A bit later, we went to my older sister's house and ate again. There I had a little bit of turkey, half a spoon of mashed potatoes with a little gravy, four crackers with cheese, and a small piece of homemade cheesecake. It was also very good! We then enjoyed a nice visit with her and her daughters. (Her son is in the Air Force stationed in North Carolina and didn't make it home this year.) We had a good time and later went to the hotel we spent the night at.
There we watched Grey's Anatomy (gosh I love that show!) and ER (which I watch more out of habit than because it's good anymore). Went to bed way too early for me to be able to sleep in so I was up at 6 and ready to go. Everyone else is still sleeping so I figured I'd take advantage and use the time to hop online and post to my blog.
I'd really like to update here. I'd like a new skin but get so freaked out about losing what I already here. I'm not all that tech skilled. I know one can make a back-up of a blog but I don't know how. I worry that updating and changing things will lose all I've ever posted here. I've considered starting a new blog with the new year, but I want all this info to use later on, you know, in case I do ever get around to writing a book about my long journey back to myself via losing weight.
I'm also considering returning to Nutrisystem for a month or two, to get me back in the groove again. I know there are some new foods out there and I really want to get back on track. I've been trying to do it myself with little success so maybe now's the time to start again. I'll definitely be posting about it here should I make that my final decision.
I hope each who reads here had an enjoyable holiday, shared with family, friends, and loved ones. May you continue to feel blessed and wind up the year a few pounds lighter than you started. The new year is rapidly approaching and this one will be gone. Are you proud of what you've accomplished?
Friday, November 24, 2006
Friday Ramblings
Posted by Karon at 11/24/2006 06:41:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment