Why does my first thought out of bed in the morning revolve around food? Why is it that I finish a meal and am already thinking about what the next one will be? Why must I be fixated on food all the time?
I'm so tired of thinking about food. I'm so tired of trying to figure out the right combinations of foods to eat, at the right times, in the right portions. It seems to be the focus of my entire day, every day.
I went to a dietician. What I wanted was for her to help me to come up with a month or two of menu plans so I would have all of that figured out for me. The plans here at Sparkpeople have been no help to me at all. There are too many substitutions, too many things on there that I've either never eaten or will never eat. I just don't get it. Isn't there a plan somewhere that will just lay it all out for me?
I guess I'm going to have to return to the exchanges and count the calories to ensure I'm getting enough. It's just aggravating to have to constantly think about what I'm going to eat. I suppose part of the thinking about it all the time is making sure I have the things I need to actually follow whatever I plan. One day, if ever I get down to a "normal" weight, I want to sit down with someone and just come up with menus that are inexpensive yet will allow others to just pick and eat. Yes, that's kind of what Nutrisystem allowed, but the sodium in that food alone can kill someone. I want to prepare my own food and enjoy it.
That's my rant for today.
And now ... in honor of being thankful this month, I am thankful to be alive today. I have a couple friends who have loved ones in the hospital. One is definitely not going to make it as they have a terminal illness. The other, I don't know much about yet. I'm thankful for my health and the health of my family.
Have a blessed day!
Friday, November 16, 2007
Why?
Posted by Karon at 11/16/2007 08:50:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good rant! I think about food all of the time, too. Anyone trying to lose weight is thinking about food all of the time. Planning what you're going to eat in a day is pretty time consuming. And counting calories is a pain. But guess what? It has to be done. You can do it, Karon. You've got the mind set (except for that rant thing! lol); and you know what you have to do. Find something that works and stick to it. You're doing great whether you see it or not!
Take care!
Bosh
Hi Karon, It's been a while since I responded but read your every post. In regard to your question of whether there is a program that lays it all out for you: Have you tried the TOPS website. They use the Food exchange program but it seems very simple. They do have a 28 day menu made out. A 1200, 1500, and 1800 menu. They give you the guidlines that I think you are referring to. Like 2 milk, 3 breads, 4 meats. and so. You don't have to be a member to access the site but there are parts of the site that you have to be registered to enter. Why don't you check it out when you have the time. It is a little difficult to navigate their site until you get used to it. If you have any trouble finding the menu, just respond here and I will send you a link. Just keep on, keeping on. Maggie
I so know how your feeling. I get so tired of the same thing myself.
I guess that is why I like to read your blog. You voice some of the very thoughts I have.
Post a Comment