Surgery will be at 2 PM on Monday, Sept 8th. I have to be at the hospital about noon. I can eat until midnight. Yeah, right! I'll have my dinner meal about 5 PM and then nothing after that, more than likely. I can drink water from midnight until 7 AM and then nothing else. I take my blood pressure and thyroid meds in the morning, same as always. I figure by the time I'm starting to feel hunger I should be under anesthesia and won't know I'm hungry! LOL
Tim was diagnosed yesterday as being legally blind. Not sure what that means really as far as his SSI is concerned. We've been told it means he is eligible for more benefits. He put a call in to his adjudicator today to find out. I do know we can go back three years on our taxes amend them to include this as a tax deduction which could mean more money for us. Other than that, it's just one more freaking diagnosis for him to have to come to terms with.
Oh, and I forgot to say I'm back down to 390.5 which is where I was exactly one month ago. I'm hoping to be at 387 by Monday which would be 20 lbs lost on the pre-op diet. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
A question for Janet ... I've been reading about some kind of antiseptic soap I should be bathing with, except face and privates before going into the hospital to help with germs. Is that necessary or will I be okay using my usual soap? I'll do it if I have to but it seems like overkill to me. I read this in my online surgery support group. As a nurse, what do you think? I'd have to go back and read again to find the name but it's some kind of surgical soap I can buy at Walgreens.
I promise to post as soon as I can to let you all know how things went and that I'm okay.
Friday, September 05, 2008
Details
Posted by Karon at 9/05/2008 10:44:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Karon, I will be praying all day for you and I'll be right beside you the whole time in spirit. God bless you and keep you safe! Still very proud of you!!
If your surgical nurse hasn't recommended any special soap, I would use just plain soap.
Not a bar but some liquid.
Usually if the they want you to scrub with something they give it to you or recommend something.
I am so excited for you.
I am praying that everything goes well and your recovery is easy.
Wow! Wow! Wow! Your day is here. I will be thinking of you and praying every spare moment my friend. I pray your journey is a smooth one. Can't wait to hear from you
Way to go!!!
Post a Comment