CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Progressing Well

So far, so good. I have not had any pain medication for about three days now. I do still have a tenderness pulling on one side which I am assuming is the area some of the work may have been done. Other than that, no real pain.

I'm eating and not having much problem other than being bored with the foods I get to eat right now. A couple more weeks and the pureed restriction will be lifted and then I can eat more variety. I will also be able to add veggies back into my diet. I'm not sure I'm eating enough but I don't feel hungry so figure I must be doing okay. I'm eating about two ounces per meal right now and it is all protein. I need to get out and purchase some Isopure or EAS protein drinks and see how they are. I'm hesitant to spend money on something that I'm not sure I'll like, but it would give my protein intake a BIG boost.

Emotionally, I'm still up and down, but heck, I was that way a long time before surgery so I don't really think it's surgery related. I'm hanging in there. Moving easier every day. Only able to sleep in my bed on my back. Last night, Tim and I stacked two sofa pillows on my side of the bed. One flat and the other leaned against it. That enabled me to sleep in bed from 10:30 PM to about 4 AM which would have been about how long I would have slept on my tummy before so I guess that was good. It sure was nice to get out of the recliner for the night, anyway. I did doze in it from 4-7, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

I'm glad to hear that you're recovery has gone so smoothly! I was wondering about the emotional aspect, since food is a comfort for me when I am emotional, which is why I'm overweight in the first place. I know when I try to leave food alone in that situation I feel like I've lost my best friend or something. I'm sure we can both work through it because it's essential to our success. I'll keep you in my prayers as always!

Take care!

Ann

Jamie said...

Hi Karon, how ya doing?? I hope your sleeping issue has worked its self out. You've been awful quiet for a few days. I hope you are not struggling. I know that this is a huge life changing adjustment and I hope you are feeling okay with it. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you.