Some of this is repetitive of the post below but that one was boring! LOL
I had an AMAZING holiday! The hubby and I spent it with my sister and her family, for the most part. We enjoyed a fantastic "dinner" prepared by my sister who took into account that there are things I just cannot eat and also that the hubby is a diabetic. She made two pies (apple and cherry) and both were sugar free. How awesome is that? I confess I had a very small (about 3/4 inch) sliver of each and they were both GREAT! She gave me a huge plate which I put too much food onto and was wasteful. So when I heated up a left over plate late in the day, I used a smaller one and it was fine. No waste and none to my waist! LOL
We got to spend time with both of our daughters and their girls. It was nice to see them and play with the babies. I'll try to get time later in the week to post a couple photos of the grands. Everyone got along great and it was so pleasant, unlike a lot of times in the past. We also visited my older sister and my brother. It was just a family kind of weekend and one we enjoyed immensely.
We went shopping on Black Friday for the first time ever! My sister had us out and about at midnight on Friday and we didn't get home until after 10 AM. It was amazing. We avoided all the blitz sales but there were people everywhere. It was fun! My sister walked me all over and I ended the day with just over two miles on my pedometer that day. Woo hoo for me! We didn't spend much money. I got a new bathroom scale that calculates body fat and hydration percentages which also has a program for tracking weight lost and how much to get to goal which I thought was kind of neat.
Through it all, I ate what I wanted, cautiously. I was afraid a time or two that something might make me sick, but it didn't. I tracked the calories, fat, protein, and carbs. I must have done everything right because at the end of it all today I am down to 340.6 pounds! That means from Wednesday until this morning I lost just over two pounds. That feels amazing and unbelievable. In the past, I would have gorged myself, grazed through the day, and been miserable. It was nice to feel full and satisfied instead of bloated and in pain. I did come to realize that old habit die hard and a lot of my life has revolved around food. For instance, the cheese ball and crackers were calling me. I had a couple crackers with the cheese and then left the table and the kitchen (which is where everyone seems to sit when at my sister's for some reason). I told them I didn't want to be rude but I could not sit there with food in front of me and not eat it so they were good about it. They would either put stuff away or join me in the family room. Cool! I am very proud of how I handled this holiday and have no fears about getting through the next just as simply.
I got a lot of compliments on how great I look and the weight I've lost. It was nice to have others note my progress in such a positive way. Even someone who doesn't know me well saw me out and about and commented how great I look. That all made me feel so great! I'm doing this for me but it affects so many.
Now it's back to life. We'll head off to church in a little while where I will thank the Creator for all the many blessings bestowed upon me. It's back to work tonight where I know a huge pile will await me but I'm okay with it. I'll work on what I can and what I don't get done will wait for tomorrow. This week will be interesting. It will be my first week of moving the butt Monday thru Thursday. I may be a little tired but in the end, I know it's going to make a huge difference in how I look and feel.
God bless and have a wonderful week!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Amazing Things
Posted by Karon at 11/30/2008 09:07:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
sounds like you had a great thanksgiving and no drama! lol. hope you have a good week. hugs
Wasn't this just a different Thanksgiving this year???? I can get used to this, that is for sure. I am so happy that you enjoyed your family and they encouraged and supported you. That is so important.
I'll be thinking about you this week, working your butt off! Literally(sp??) haha
Post a Comment