Talk about a change in my center of gravity due to losing weight ... well it has changed but no one has really talked about it. Following is one of the ways I know, however, this was probably not due to the gravity except that everything must fall down!
I walked to the A and B homes on Friday morning about 1:30 AM. I went into the B home and talked a few minutes and grabbed their paperwork. As I went out the door and started down the steps, the porch light went off. It's some kind of darn light that comes on for a couple minutes then goes off for a couple and it does this throughout the night. The street lamp nearby does the same thing. I don't know why! Anyway ... I went down two steps and then the street lamp went out as well. I'm in total darkness. I thought I had just stepped off the last step and went to walk over to the A home. Low and behold, I had one more step to go. I fell and I fell hard! I swear I felt the jarring all the way from my poor knees that I landed on up through my hips and into my shoulders. I was stunned.
I was there kneeling on my knees and could only moan about how much it hurt. They didn't hear me yell in the house. I gathered up the papers that I had dropped and my bottle of water (I don't go anywhere without one in my hand now days) and hobbled to the A home. I examined my knees. The right one was red and looked like it would bruise. The left one was a little skinned up (but not enough to bleed) and bruising. I was worried because of that damn coumadin they have me on and the horror stories about internal bleeding. One of the staff gave me an ice pack wrapped in a paper towel and I iced it for about 20 mins before moving on.
I was able to finish my shift but dang I was in some pain. I got stiff and we don't keep liquid Tylenol on campus so I was basically SOL. I considered coming home but figured I wouldn't die from hurting. LOL I did type up the employee incident report and let my director know. I left a message on his voice mail and told him if I thought it necessary I would go to my PCP later in the day. He called and told me to get checked but I ended up not going. The bruising isn't as bad as I thought it might be. The pain is to be expected and nothing out of the ordinary but what you'd expect from a fall.
I seem to be fine today; just a little achey. Thought I'd share a little of my "fun" with you all.
And I managed to lose three pounds this past week. Yea! Back to 2-3 lbs per week to get where I'd like to be by Labor Day next year.
Oh and today is the 24th anniversary of the day Tim (the hubby) and I met. Woo hoo for us! We're going out to dinner with our church tonight, on them as a celebration for volunteering at the church. I ordered a chicken sandwich with fruit as a side. Will likely leave the bread behind.
Have a great weekend, all!
(Janet: I'm wearing a size 4X both tops and pants right now but am close to getting into 3X.)
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Gravity, a Fall, and Lost Weight
Posted by Karon at 11/08/2008 06:43:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ouch on the fall. I'm glad you are ok. Yay on the weight loss too. You are doing so well. Keep it up:)
I bet your right. Your center of gravity will change.
Soon you will be a triple x honey!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Good thing you filled out the papers in case something turns up with the knees. If you had really mess them up you would know it by now.
Watch that last step ---- it is a humdinger:-)
OUCH TO FALLING! HOPE YOU DONT BRUISE UP TO BAD. CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS. HUGS
OUCH! I'm glad the fall was nothing more serious than a little bruising... and hopefully the pain will subside quickly!
Ok!! No more jumping off the porch steps for you missy! Hope you didn't tear up your pants too much. Congrats on the anniversary. That is an amazingly long time. Enjoy you dinner out.
Post a Comment