Yesterday I drove from my sister's in illinois to Corinth, Mississippi by myself. It is approximately a seven hour drive. I like driving so it was no big deal. I stopped three times. Once for gas and twice to stretch and potty. The trip seemed to pass quickly. The sun was shining and I could feel the temperatures rising as I drove south. I forgot that even though you can have the radio on, it doesn't completely stop your thoughts. I was reminded of the last trip Tim and I took before he passed. We went to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We stopped to see friends in Corinth (where I am staying this week) and then visited his aunt and uncle in Dyersburg. I realized yesterday that Tim probably knew that would be his last trip. He really pushed for us to go though we really couldn't afford it and he was insistence we stop to see his family though it was out of the way on the drive home. I'm thankful we made that last trip. We didn't do anything spectacular. We just spent time together. We walked the shops in Gatlinburg. We rode the tram car up to the top of the mountain. We held hands, talked, and just relaxed. We so needed that time together. He did his dialysis treatments while we were there without complaint. He was tired after but not as wiped as he was at home. I think he actually felt good during that trip. I'm so thankful I was able to do that with him. So I thought of that trip on my drive down yesterday. I thought about him watching over me, worrying about me arriving safely as there were weather watches and warnings along the way. Tim was a worrier. I'm sure he made certain I arrived safely. I'm a little sad today. Motown is snoozing. Sherry has gone to work. She leaves this afternoon and it will be just MoMo and me. I'm not doing much, just watching tv and reading. Later, I will find the park and take Motown for a walk. Hoping to take him twice a day while I'm here. Build up a walking routine and stamina so I can walk in the evenings when I go back home. Exercise is good for me!
Thursday, February 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment