CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Thankful

Today I am thankful for the sunshine and warmth here in Mississippi. Motown and I took a nice walk in the park. I let him run and chase birds while I watched him from the bench. It felt so good to sit in the sun. I know it contains vital nutrients and I soaked them up today!

Later I went out for lunch. It was not a pleasant experience. I went to McAllister's and they were very crowded. I ordered a half salad and a half baked potato. The salad was mixed greens which is not my favorite. I prefer iceberg lettuce, mainly because it's what I grew up with. I like the flavor of it as well. The baked potato had steak, cheese, and caramelized onions on it. The onions were overpowering. Add the crowd to that. I was very uncomfortable taking up a table for four with a line literally out the door. Some people were forced to eat outside on the patio. Thankfully, it was a beautiful day. Then two families came in and sat down next to me. One table had all adults. The other table had six children. Every child has a Nook or iPad. They were loud and irritating. Oh well ...

I then went to Wal Mart and picked up a couple movies in the cheap bin. Funny, hey came with digital codes so I can watch them on my iPad. That should be fun.

Back to the house and just spent the afternoon relaxing. Had a phone call and just chilled. It was a very good day. Let's hope the rest of the week goes the same. I don't know, though. Rain is in the forecast for a couple days.

0 comments: