CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 14, 2014

The Hardest Part

I'm finding that the most difficult part of being on my own is having no physical contact with other people. I'm a hugger. I have told my kids I feel deep in my soul that I need hugs just to survive. Funny, the book on loss that I'm reading gives a rule of thumb for recovery and physical contact. I know when I was a teenager there were studies done about children in orphanages who got no physical contact and how they did not thrive. So I know that there is something to all the craving I have for physical contact. The rule of thumb is as follows. A person needs three hugs per day for survival. Five hugs per day are necessary for maintenance. Eight hugs or more are needed for growth. I think as long as I live near my girls and my grandchildren, I will be okay on my own. But I do need my hugs. My little Brody man usually fills the bill for survival. He hugs me all of the time when I'm there. Any other hugs just boost me up. I'm really missing him tonight. The weather has been kind of ugly here today. It started out gloomy and then started raining about mid-day. Gloom and rain does nothing for my mood and attitude. I'm pretty sure I have seasonal affective disorder though it's never been officially diagnosed. I need my hugs and I need sunshine!

0 comments: