CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Another Update

Just got off the phone. I have the appointment for the MRI set for tomorrow at noon. The results will be sent to my doctor who will then forward them to the plastic surgeon.

Called the plastic surgeon's office and am now very frustrated. The earliest appointment they have is for October 2nd. I explained the urgency of the situation but I guess three weeks isn't going to make that much of a difference. I'm disappointed because I wanted this to happen this month and it's obviously not going to. It means remaining on the antibiotics and watching as this thing gets larger (it has since my release from the hospital).

On an up note, I think I may be eligible for one week paid vacation in October and that could be a good thing. If I'm out for 3-5 weeks that's one less that I won't be paid for. I'm trying to look for the silver lining in all of this. I'm frustrated but understand how medical stuff goes. At least they have plenty of time to get necessary insurance stuff together.

Another disappointment is that I was invited to a class reunion on October 21st and now that may not be possible. I don't know if I should go ahead and pay the $70 to reserve our spot or just say to heck with it. There's a good chance I'll be in hospital or recovering at that point. I wanted to go! It's a special reunion for those who graduated in the 80s ... 1980-1989 ... and includes both of my younger sisters as well as myself. I graduated in 1980. My younger sister graduated in 1982 and my youngest sister graduated in 1989. We were going to book hotel rooms together and everything. Guess that's all off now.

Stiff upper lip and all. I'll make it through yet another challenge. I don't have to like it, but I'll make it!

2 comments:

Bob said...

Thinking of you, Karon. I think you are being a real trooper with all of this. Keep being strong and you will be just fine. I know you will do just that.

Caré said...

Hang in there, hon. Soon it will be a distant memory. I know what you mean about wanting it NOW. I am so bad about that!