Had my appointment with the general surgeon today. He poked, prodded, moved, and manipulated that growth just about every possible way. He agrees it needs to come off now. He said he was getting an idea of where he'd cut to remove it. It will be an elliptical cut going from my knee to just below my groin. He said it will require an overnight stay in the hospital. I'll need to plan to be off work for a minimum of two weeks and possibly three. It will depend upon how well I heal and recover. The date is up in the air. He was going to look at the MRI images with the radiologist and then his office will call to let me know if they are going to do a biopsy first (he doubts it) or the removal. When they call, I will then be able to go ahead and schedule the surgery. His nurse said it will likely be in the next two to three weeks. Nothing I can do now but wait.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It sounds like things are finally moving along with your surgery date. Hopefully you will be able to schedule it soon and get back to normal.
All that waiting can be so tiresome. Try to keep your chin up. I know it's hard to wait. If it was me I'd be screaming "get it off now" because I'm not a patient person. You are one strong woman!
I am praying for you and Tim.
I am sure you will come through all of this just fine.
Waiting is hard.
Hey Karon, long time since I last stopped by, sorry. I know the waiting is really hard to do right now, but it will get better. I to am waiting on a date for my surgery which I expect will be in the next 2 or 3 weeks. We will both get through this, the waiting just sucks. Stay strong and keep smiling!
BTW, I had a nerve and muscle biopsy and if I never go through that again I will be a happy camper. For some odd reason nerves don't like being removed!
I'm happy that you're at least moving in a forward direction. I know what a pain it can be to wait for doctors to get moving. Stay positive (I know how hollow that can sound!). I wish you well!
Post a Comment