CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 15, 2006

The MRI and one picture of the mass

I'm sharing one photo of the many Tim took of the growth on my leg. I don't know that I'll leave it here for a long time, but we'll see. I feel like I've spent so much time talking about it here that you all may want to know exactly what it looks like. I hope it doesn't really disturb anyone. A few others I shared it with were repulsed and actually so am I. It isn't a pretty picture, of the leg or myself. I was tired and not very happy the night it was taken, hence the frown on my face. Since I'm sharing this one, I'll likely share post-op pictures as well. If others comment not wanting to see, I may share them in my picture album (linked on the left) instead of here. Again, I'll see.



Whew! That MRI was rough. First they didn't think I was going to even fit into the machine. It was a very tight squeeze. Then I had to lay flat on my back (not something I typically do EVER because the mass weight pulls on my knee and puts me in excruciating pain) for over two hours. I couldn't move, not even to wiggle my toes. Yikes!

When the pain got to be too much, I would close my eyes and picture myself surrounded by all of the people I've come to know in this weight loss journey. I would force myself to take deep and calming breaths, focusing on breathing in and exhaling fully. I tried to let go of all the negative with each exhale. It helped!

The photos from the MRI are really GROSS. Tim and I had no clue what we were looking at (they gave me a CD of the MRI to take to the plastic surgeon) but we were both grossed out to the point we had to stop looking. ICK!

Well, that's behind me and today is a new day. Hope everyone has a great Friday.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karon,
It's koko from Sparks. Oh, I had no idea that what you had described was like this. You are such a strong woman to had made it as far as you have and to have made it through the MRI - have only had one and can't imagine what you had to go through. Blessing to you and my prayers are with yo, Tim, and you surgeons as you go forward with this.
Hugs and love, koko

Janet said...

You are a very strong and capable woman and you are my hero too.
I pray for you and Tim.
Janet
PS I wonder how much you will lose when you get rid of the tumor?
As they say there is always a silver lining.:-)

Shirley said...

I am astounded that you accomplish all you do, with this. I am speechless at the determination it must take for you to do so many things I have taken for granted. My good thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

I don't think I could get ANYTHING done with a growth like that attached to my leg! I'm sorry your MRI was so painful but it's over and soon you'll be rid of this problem, God willing.

I don't think any of us here are repulsed by your leg, just concerned that you get it healed up and back on your toes ASAP.

Love,
Ann

Caré said...

Karon, thank you for sharing the picture. It gives me a whole new appreciation for your struggle. You know what? You are such an inspiration to me that, any time I don't feel like exercising, I think of you. Now that I truely understand your situation, that makes you that much more of an inspiration.

I know you will feel absolutely renewed and energized once the surgery is over. It will almost be like a new chapter in your life.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recover.

Care'

Paul said...

I haven't been around in awhile so I just read all the post from the last time I was here. Goodness I had no idea how big that "thing" was. On the positive side you might end up losing 25 pounds all in one fell swoop from that thing - just think that's about 3 months worth of dieting at 2 pounds a week!! :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting even when I just barely was able to post a once a week note and didn't read others' blogs. It was much appreciated.

Good luck on everything, especially the surgery and the recovery process and the new shift at work when you return.

Anonymous said...

Karon,

I am not at all repulsed, but am praying harder than ever that you get this taken care of as soon as possible. I hope they can do it locally so that you can relax knowing that Tim is taken care of and concentrate all of your energy on getting through the surgery and healing.

I will be offline til mid October, but please know that you, Tim, and your docs will be in my prayers.

Take care of yourself, sweetie, and I will check in as soon as I get back on line.

Anonymous said...

just so you no not repulsed by the picture at all if anything i feel so bad for you it must be aweful! i really admire you for all the weight youve lost and yet to come and staying strong thrue all these bad times. take care and god bless!
tracy

Anonymous said...

aw my friend! I had no idea it had gotten so big. It looks so painful and I agree with Paul - you will lose at least 25 pounds when it is removed! You hang in there sweetie - you are a trooper! Do they know yet eacactly what it is? Or did you already say and i missed it. I am sending you good thoughts!
Big hugs, Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi, Karon!

Haven't heard from me in a while, have you? Sorry. I just happened to go out to our old MSN VMS site and saw the mention of surgery. I came right here and got caught up a bit. I'll try to make sure to come back more often so I know how to pray for you.

I *still* have not hit my weight goal yet, but I am *very* close. Your drive to get back to the weight loss after your surgery inspires me. Maybe I can hit my goal before then and help motivate you when you return to your goal. It is good to know you can maintain, too. I am concerned about that once I do hit my goal.

Take care and look to Him for strength, wisdom, and encouragement.

- Randy

Valerie said...

Gosh, Karon. You've really been gonig through it while I've been away. I'm glad someone is finally taking notice and going to get rid of that for you. It must be just awful to have to deal with that every day in addition to everything else. I have no doubt that you'll lose quite a bit of weight just having that removed! I'll keep you in my prayers.