So, we did the drive south yesterday to get our mail and complete some business. Last week we got a new (for us) car. Tim was stressing about our car payments with me stepping down as a supervisor and making less money so he decided we needed to trade cars. He got a super good deal on a 2005 Honda Accord with less than 20,000 miles on it and a warranty that's bumper to bumper up to almost 100,000 miles. This meant we could cancel the gap insurance policy we had purchased on the last car and get a refund of the unpaid balance. To do that, we had to go back to the dealership where the car was purchased. So off, we went.
I was set to fight with the dealer as they really are a shady lot. The good news is it went smooth as silk and we were in and out, with check in hand in about 15 minutes. The other good news is we got almost all of the money back! Yea for us. In addition to that check, we also got another unexpected check in the mail. With the two combined, it's almost as much as one of my two week paychecks. We're going to put that money aside for when I'm in the hospital and not getting paid. It's really going to help us out. We sure needed a break!
On the way out of town, we stopped to visit with Crys and Ceci (oldest daughter and the granddaughter). Gosh, but that baby is getting big. She's not really a baby anymore, she's a little girl. She was too cute. She started to laugh at herself and the laughter was just too funny. She was really having fun and expressing her joy. Her vocabularly right now seems to consist of Daddy, Mommy, Mama (Grandma) and Papa (Grandpa). She ran to me, and jumped into my arms. She held on tight for a big hug and it felt great! She and I played with a few of her toys. I read some books to her (watered down versions of course). I sang to her and held her and cuddled with her. I really hated to leave but she went down for a nap and time was getting short.
All in all, it was a great day filled with sunshine, family, and joy.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Good news for a change
Posted by Karon at 9/26/2006 10:50:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That sounds like a very nice day. You were due for a good one with all you've been going through. I'm glad something is working out. I'll keep checking and keep saying some prayers for you.
Post a Comment