Life marches steadily onward, not waiting for me to get my act together. I have really been struggling for a while but just joined a challenge at SparkPeople that I am hoping will get me back on track for good. Here's what I've committed to do for twelve weeks starting August 1st.
* Exercise a minimum of 10 minutes at least 8 times per week.
* No refined sugar or white carbs like potatoes, rice, pasta, breads, and cereal. Whole grains are fine.
* Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. (Easy as I drink much more than that already!)
* Eat two fruits and four 'green' veggie servings per day.
* No alcohol. (Another easy one for me as I don't drink.)
* No eating within three hours of bedtime. (Gonna be rough as most nights I have a bit of cheese before bed.)
* Posting daily to let everyone know how I'm doing. (This is mainly on Sparkpeople, however, I'll be updating here as well, just may not be daily.)
I have finally busted Leslie out of the box in my trunk. I'm ready for this and feel it is at the very least going to get me going once again.
Other than that, life is moving forward. Work is even crazier and we've now lost three staff this past week. I dread going in every day because I never know what's going to happen. God bless all of you have mundane jobs and know what's going to happen on a daily basis. Yesterday I got to take a bath (a girl threw water on me), see one of the staff totally lose it and pull a girl's hair during an attempted restraint (that staff will likely lose her job but if that girl had hit me, I don't know that my response wouldn't have been the same), and basically be sworn at and threatened more than once. All in a day's work these days!
Friday, July 28, 2006
The beat goes on
Posted by Karon at 7/28/2006 09:40:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Karon,
I'll be rooting for you on your challenge and praying that a great job comes your way soon!!!
Jodi
Yes I hope a better job comes your way soon and the quick the better!
I'm just catching up on your last two posts.
I'm thankful that the only off the wall people at my job are my coworkers! Kidding (mostly).
Good luck on your challenge.
I don't know how you can do the 3 hour before bed rule when you have no idea when bed will be with all the overtime!
Karon,
You are really going through the ringer at this time! I will keep you and all of those you work with in my prayers!
I don't think I could do the no eating within 3 hours of going to bed! Why is that one of the rules? All of the rest make sense to me!
Missy
365/212.5/115
Best regards from NY! dealer kia Colorado vacation deal ultram oxycontin withdrawl Life imitrex half
Post a Comment