I never got around to confessing it here, but if you took a glance at the chart to the left, you'll see that the month of June was pretty much a bust. I gained and lost the same pounds several times only to end the month weighing the same as when I started. It has frustrated me and made me angry with myself, but I guess not angry enough to get with it and stay there.
As of this morning, I am once again down to 398 and I really hope to keep it that way. It seems that since I got under 400 pounds I've been stuck. It's been one thing after another, new job, move, adjusting to working, Tim's stroke ... always something. Though I figure I'm making excuses, I also feel each is a quite plausible reason for the yo-yo effect of late.
I also wonder if some of it isn't due to stress and the feeling of not really settling into our new place yet. Though we have all our stuff here, I don't have everything put away where I want them. I feel like this is just a temporary place and don't know that it will ever feel differently. I'm doing some self-examination in an effort to figure it all out so I can continue to lose the weight. I just don't want to let myself down or any of the friends who have been here supporting me through it all.
One day at a time ... I have the interview in the morning. We'll see how it goes. I really hope I don't get the "Well, I have a few more intervies and I'll call you" at the end of the interview. It's been my experience that if that is said, I generally have not gotten the job. Fingers crossed, prayers said and we'll see how it goes. Seems I say that a lot lately but it's all I got!
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Weight Loss Update
Posted by Karon at 7/16/2006 10:13:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Good morning Karon!
I'm thinking of you and hoping your job interview went well. (It's 8 am in California, so maybe you're done with it by now?)
Don't get discouraged, it was a very rough month for you. Sometimes life gets in the way of our best efforts....just keep at it, things will mellow out eventually.
It took me almost 4 months to get our house unpacked when we moved. With your work schedule, Tim's health problems, your trips back down to your old place....it's a wonder you've had a chance to unpack at all.
Maybe the reason that you don't feel you're "at home" yet is because at your old place you were home all day and at you're new place you are working outside your home?
Anyway, you know you're always in my prayers......have an excellent day!
Love,
Ann
PS I don't think any of us who are supporting you expect you to make huge amounts of weight loss progress with the things you went through last month. You'll get back on track and then the weight will start coming off again!
Post a Comment