CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 15, 2006

It's a hot one

Today is a hot one. While we were out, one temperature sign said it was already 99 outside. I can certainly believe it. The city of Chicago is on alert for a heat index of over 100 today and tomorrow. It is pretty brutal.

The appointment with Tim's new neurologist went really well yesterday. Both of us really liked his demeanor. He asked a ton of questions and really listened to the answers, asking for clarification if needed. He let us talk and express our concerns. He did his best to reassure us and told us what he thinks and how he intends to proceed. He took a lot of time assessing Tim and did it with respect and dignity. He also showed concern when a few things were pretty uncomfortable for Tim. He's definitely a "keeper".

Went to my old college and got a copy of my transcript in preparation for the interview on Monday. I really want to put my best foot forward on this one. It's not a job that will pay more than what I make now, but Tim and I can still live quite decently on the salary. The plus side is it's with children and I love that. It's a more normal work day (day shift). It's only a few minutes farther than the drive I make now. I'll have weekends off like "regular" people. I'm thinking I'll wear a dress to the interview. It will keep the focus off of my lymphedema. I'm sure my size will come into play a bit. I mean, a person my size can be quite intimidating to younger children. It's never been an issue when I worked in daycare before and I don't want it to be one now. I'm wondering if I should comment about all the things I can do, that many may think I can't ... like getting down to and back up off of the floor, walking, etc. ... because of pre-supposed notions about 'fat' people. It's such a touchy subject for some. I really want to be given the same consideration anyone else will be given.

Going into work shortly. I sure hope everyone behaves tonight. It's just too doggone hot to deal with attitudes and tempers today. I believe the activity for the evening is rollerskating at the local rink. I generally don't go, but we'll see who has privileges and who stays back. I definitely won't be skating. Last time I tried that my center of balance had shifted so drastically I ended up on the floor and had a really difficult time getting back up again. That was it for me.

3 comments:

Bear said...

Good luck on Monday! I'm glad you have found a neurologist that you like. So many in the medical profession can be so impersonal. My cardiologist is one such doctor. If he wasn't one of the very best I wouldn't see him. Maybe that's why he is the way he is...

As for how people see those of us that are overweight, I never know how to address those "concerns". Good luck with that aspect, let us know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

HEY KARON,
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR INTERVIEW TOMORROW. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR LATEST EMAIL ACCOUNT SO I CAN EMAIL YOU. SORRY I MISSED TIM'S PHONE CALL TODAY... CINDY AND I WERE OUT SHOPPING AND THEN WENT TO SEE PIRATES 2. GOT HOME ABOUT 9:40 PM SO I DIDNT WANT TO CALL.
I TRIED TO EMAIL YOU A NOTE...DON'T KNOW IF YOU GOT IT OR IF I HAD AN OLD EMAIL.
MAYBE WE CAN GET TOGETHER SOMETIME THIS WEEK.
LOVE, BARB

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »