CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 17, 2006

The Interview

Went to the interview and it was a long one! First I interviewed with the current assistant director. They have created a second asst director position and that's the job I interviewed for. After that interview, I went upstairs (it's a two-story building) and met with two of the three master teachers. Then I did a tour of the second floor and met the teachers in each classroom. In the last one, I was left to observe for a short time. I interacted with some of the children doing puzzles. Finally, the director came for me. We talked about a few things and she said she has to have my transcripts evaluated to be sure I'm qualified to be a director. (Well, duh! I only did this job for at least five years previously, but go ahead.) I'm supposed to call her on Tues or Weds next week and see if I made it to the final cut of two who will interview with the vice president of the board. She said she has the ultimate power of hiring but he likes to interview as well. No biggie. The benefits are four weeks of paid vacation after one year, health and dental insurance, seven major paid holidays, paid time off (used as sick or personal days) at the rate of two per quarter. Salary is pretty good. Not as good as where I'm at but so much less stressful so well worth the cut in pay. The hours would be 9-5:30 Mon thru Fri. So ... now I wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying that you get a positive call back for this job and even that you'll be offered this job... it sounds like you could really use it right about now! Hang in there... things WILL get better! You've come so far and you're strong... you can make it and you will!
*HUGS*
Nan :-)

Karon said...

Thanks Nan. I tell you some days it's been really hard not to just give up and forget about many things. It's a character flaw, I'm sure! *grins* I'm praying something comes along. I don't know how much more of the current situation I can honestly tolerate before I go off the deep end. If I'd known then what I do now, I'd not have taken this job. It wasn't like this when last I worked there. I actually LOVED that old job. Go figure!

Jamie said...

Hi Karon....Congrats on getting back under 400!! These past couple months have been rough ones. Hang in there. I sure hope they don't make you wait forever. I really do hope you get the new job, your current one is for the birds!!