I did not return to work today as planned. Tim was confused and speech is very halted. He is having to really concentrate to communicate today. He had a few really good days but I noticed yesterday the decline again. NO way am I going to leave him home alone with no one to check him. The job and money mean nothing without him so here I am.
I called work and asked if my job is in jeopardy and was given a 'song and dance' basically. I was told my job isn't in jeopardy but I am putting them in a difficult spot being off so much. The home is understaffed (really NOT my problem) and they count on me to be there. Again, I will not leave Tim home alone if I think he can't manage to make it through the evening. I'm looking into getting him some assistance so I can go to work with a clear mind, but it's going to take a while. Until then, one day at a time and I'll see what happens.
On a side note, finally, after three weeks of phone calls and empty promises, Dish network pulled through and returned our $400 to our checking account. That was just in the nick of time! We had to get Tim's meds for the month of July and with insurance that was $150. Without insurance we'd most certainly be screwed as everyone else is who has none. (I remember a time not all that long ago when we had none and were paying $600 a month for his meds so this wasn't so bad.) The rest went to pay bounce fees (thanks to Dish network) and a bill that had been left because of the money going missing. Whew!
I sent out six resumes today. Two were for teaching positions, ironically back down where the family is. The other four were for assistant director in daycare centers. I did that job for a really long time a while back and loved it! Now I get to wait and see. I'm going to keep all my options open and we'll just see how things go.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Progress is slow
Posted by Karon at 7/11/2006 03:20:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Karon - have you worked at your job long enough to take FMLA leave? FMLA leave allows employees to take unpaid leave due to serious illness, illness of spouse or child, etc. FMLA will allow you to take time off as you need it - up to 12 weeks in a year. I am sending you good thoughts my friend!
You have to do what you have to do. I wouldn't want to leave my hubby alone either.
I sure wish I knew of someway you could work at home on the computer.
Karon, I am sorry I haven't been around, and I am so sorry to hear about Tim. I'm somewhat relieved that he is getting better, although I wish he didn't have the problem in the first place.
As for staying with him, family comes first always. You can always find another job, family is a lot harder to replace. Take care, and I wish you and your family all my best.
I wouldn't want to leave my hubby home alone either if he were ill. In my opinion, family comes before any job. Like bear said, family is a lot harder to replace.
Michelle...Nope, I haven't been there long enough to qualify. Something about number of clock hours worked.
Janet...I've explored that option of working at home on the computer for quite some time. I've never really found anything that was on the up and up. I'll just keep looking.
Barry...I agree. My family is always going to come in first before a job. I'm already searching for a new one. This place certainly doesn't value it's employees and I deserve better than what I'm getting.
Lisa...Family can NEVER be replaced. Tim will be first with me EVERY time!
Oh, I hate that feeling - needing and wanting to be home and worrying about the job. But, you are making the right decision. Your family comes first.
Thanks for this reminder. I know what I need to do now on one of my big decisions I've been putting off.
Care'
Post a Comment