CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Thankful and Ranting

First, let me just say that I am so very thankful for all of you who read and comment here. It has brought me comfort the last couple days to have you all checking in to see how things are going.

We've both done a lot of sleeping. I'm doing a lot of crying. I think it's more like a delayed reaction. I had to keep it together before because my hysteria was scaring Tim and I didn't want to distract him from getting better. I'm afraid of something like this happening again and me not being here and well ... the end result of that. Tim said last night he doesn't want either of us to live in fear of what might happen but I'm not sure I can get past that right now.

I'm also thankful for Mike and Barb. Had Mike not been there, I don't know if I would have made it to the hospital. I was so hysterical when I called them I couldn't even tell him what was going on at first. As Barb said in my comments from a couple days ago his paramedic/dispatcher calmness prevailed and he was able to get out of me what was going on. He also got right online, found a hospital, called them for directions on his cell, and passed them on to me. I don't know how I remembered it all but I did. It still seemed to take forever to get there, but I did. I know the crazy hours he works at the firestation and all I could do while dialing their number was pray he was home. Had he not been, I definitely would have been trying his cell. Bless him for helping me in my desperate time of need.

Tim is doing okay. He's a bit upset by his speech pattern. He said he sounds like he's retarded. Not to offend anyone, but his speech is slow and disjointed much the way someone who is mentally retarded or delayed would be. It seemed a bit improved last night but that could be me wishing it to be so. He's still sleeping so I'll have to wait and see how it is when he gets up this morning.

The hospital was wonderful. They bent all the rules, letting me stay in Tim's room from the time we went into the ER until discharge. They offered to get things for me and made sure Tim never needed anything. One nurse in particular was wonderful in the ER and one on the floor he was on. I'm going to write a letter to the hospital thanking them and acknowledging their awesome care.

Now for the rant ... This has been going on since May when we moved. We had Dish Network down south. When we moved, I called them and they said they'd ship boxes for me to send the equipment (receivers, remotes, and a part off the dish itself) back to them. I gave them our new address but the dumb person who took my call sent the boxes to our old address. HELLO! No one lives there anymore!

I called when the boxes didn't arrive and they said they'd send new ones. They arrived and I was told I'd have 15 days from the time I got the boxes to get them back or I'd be charged $400 for the equipment. On the 7th day, they took $400 out of our checking account, causing overdraft fees and then bounce fees for things that were now not covered. ARGH!

I called when we figured out what was going on. I was told to call back with the tracking numbers and they would credit the money back to me. Okay ... I did that and low and behold no money showed. I called again a few days later and was told that only one box had arrived (for some reason one went to Georgia and one went to Texas) and that credit would be given for one box that would hit our account by the end of that day.

This all happened with Tim and the holiday hit so I had to wait to call until Wednesday. The supervisor I spoke with this time said both boxes had been received. She said the person who did the first credit didn't do it right so that's why the money never got to our account. She apologized (know what she can do with that?) and assured me that the money would be given back. She promised it would hit our account no later than today. I tell you, that money needs to be back in our account. I cannot believe all the time I've wasted on the phone with these people. Their customer service is horrible. I just want my money and I want it right NOW!

Okay, ranting over. I'm trying to believe the money will be here today. Lord knows with all that's going one, we need it. Tim has a follow-up appointment with his primary care physician down south on Monday. I'll likely not post unless it's late in the day. Our biggest problem right now is living outside the network coverage area so most services (like home health care, therapies, etc) won't be covered right now. This all makes me want to just pack up and go back home. Tim doesn't want to. The money wasn't there before and going back won't make it any better. If we can hold out until the first of August, providing I still have a job when I go back on Tuesday, we should have good insurance and there is no pre-existing clause to worry about. One day at a time is the best we can do. I'm thankful Tim is still here with me, though. After 21 years, I don't know what I'd do without him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that you are even able to blog with everything that has happened. But, for some of us it is good therapy to get things out in writing. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Tim... ~^..^~

Janet said...

His brain has taken quite a hit. Sounds like he has good intellect.
I think he is right. We just cannot live in fear.
I am sending prayers you way.

Paul said...

Hang in there August is about 3 weeks away! Sorry to hear about Dish Network compounding your problems. Hope you get some peace and things slow down soon for you and Tim.

Bob said...

I am sorry to hear about Tim but am glad that he is on the road to recovery. My prayers and thoughts are with both of you.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »