I called yesterday about the daycare job and was told I don't have good enough job stability so they passed me over. Huh? You knew my job history before you called me for an interview, yet you interviewed me anyway. What's up with that? I was so upset that I screamed at Tim about how many times I've moved on his doggone whims! Then I went to work angry with him. I hate that crap. Ended up apologizing via text message but still ...
Still waiting to hear from the school. I'm hoping and praying it all works out, especially after last night.
Went in to work and things were okay. Had a good issues group with all the girls. They brought up concerns appropriately and had a great discussion about truth and consequences of not telling the truth. All was good until 8:45 when all hell broke loose!
One of the staff monitoring phone calls overheard an inappropriate conversation. She told the girl to end the call. The girl got angry and started to scream at staff. She then locked herself in the kitchen (she was using the kitchen phone at the time). When staff finally got the door open, this girl went ballistic. Four staff had to take her down. When it was all said and done, all four staff were hurt. She bit two of them, spit on one, body slammed one, and one was wearing sandals and her toenail got ripped off in the struggle. Not pretty! We had to call the police to intervene as this girl was strong and she was not calming down.
Meanwhile, one of our other girls who is bi-polar was cycling (going through bouts of hyperactivity, screaming, hysterical laughter, threatening). We had to call to have her assessed. That took a few hours and she did end up going to the psych hospital. She'll be there for a couple weeks probably.
Another girl stated she might kill herself, so she also had to be assessed. She has tried in the past so we couldn't just ingnore it.
In another home, a boy jumped out of a two story window and broke his leg. Don't know why or how that happened. And in the third home, another girl had major problems and was also sent to the psych hospital. It was such a crazy night! I got out of there at 2 this morning. *sigh* Just one more reason for me to get the heck out of there!
Today's a new day. I dread going to work. When someone is "going off" we call a five second rule. That means all the other girls are supposed to go to their rooms and remain there until staff come to get them. Staff was so involved in keeping the girl safe that no one could be upstairs to monitor the others so no one stayed in their rooms. All of them were dropped to the lowest privilege level and that means a special outing to a water park is cancelled for today. It's going to be H-E- double hockey sticks all day and into the evening, I'm sure. Man, this sucks big time.
So ... enough of my boring life. What's new with all of you? *evil grin*
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Updates in my life
Posted by Karon at 7/26/2006 11:52:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't usually tell people what I think they should do....oh, wait, yes I do, all the time....but really I hope you can get a different job.
With all the stress in your life right now, this job must be adding a lot more. I hope you can get something else soon.
I'm so sorry that day care job didn't come through for you... it's sounding more and more like you need to get out of where you are now and soon! A person can only handle so much stress and you've had more than your share lately! Hang in there... I'll be praying for you that a new job will come through for you!
*HUGS*
Nan :-)
I have had some of the crappiest jobs in America including working in a home for mentally challenged who urinated in their rooms and ate their own feces.
Seems that you complain if you have a job and if you complain if you don't. Just be happy that you have a job and do your best until something else comes along.
I am diabetic and I can tell you that if Tim ate the right foods he would not have the blood sugar problems that he has. You need to show some tough love. He is killing himself a little more everyday.
Seems like on this blog people coddle you and tell you what you WANT to hear and not what you NEED to hear. Telling you what you NEED to hear is what a real friend does.
Post a Comment