CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A few pounds gone

Stepped on the scale today and was pleasantly surprised. I'm down another four pounds and sitting at 394. Looks like I finally have things going in the right direction. Yea!

I also just got off the phone and have another interview set for Monday morning. I'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket. This one is for a teacher aide position in the public schools. It will be on the school calendar with weekends, holidays, and summers off. I can live with that for sure! *grins* It also has paid health, life, and disability insurance and sick and personal days. They include a retirement plan. (Hmmm ... maybe I could roll over what I've done the last few months into that one. That would be a good thing.) Funny thing is Tim just faxed that resume for me yesterday late afternoon and they called first thing this morning to set up the interview. I take that as a good sign. They have more than one position open, so I have a pretty good chance, I think. Gosh, it would be neat to have to choose jobs. I'm pretty excited about both and will not be sorry to say good-bye to where I'm at.

It's sounding like they are going to dock my pay for the time I was gone with Tim at the hospital. I am really ticked about it. They want me to work extra and not pay me, but when I miss a few days (okay a whole week but it was an emergency and I really didn't have a choice) they don't want to pay me for it. What the heck does being salaried mean, then? It's great for the company but sucks for the employee, at least in this instance. I've never had to deal with this before.

I get paid tomorrow. If my check is short, I'm going to file a grievance and see what happens. I'm betting I'll be told I'm just SOL but I have to try. After all, it isn't like I hadn't already worked those hours. I just added them up and I've worked 39.75 hours over my regular hours. I am going to fight for my money!

1 comments:

Paul said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Four pounds is great!

Now I want you to go back and read in your blog the entry from Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - you'll see why :-) Sorry I had to point it out hehehe