CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Another Day

Today was spent discussing the different techniques used to teach to the youth's behaviors. We also went into detail about the policies for using manual restraint with the girls. (I've learned the home I'll be in is females but that's about all I know.) We also covered the motivational point system and goals set by the therapist. It was some review and a little bit new info as well.

Did yet another set of role-plays. Another trainer was kind enough to step in during the class so I wasn't all on my own. I understand why the role-playing is necessary, but I HATE it! I suppose I did okay. It didn't matter too much as it was non-graded.

Tomorrow the entire day will be a refresher course on the use of manual restraints and going from least restrictive to most restrictive. I have to learn each restraint, when to use it, and the teaching techniques that go along with it all. Most of it will be review but I'm sure a little bit will be unfamiliar territory.

I'm anxious to get this apartment business knocked out. I did manage to get my forms turned in for medical insurance (which will kick in Sept 1st ... woo hoo! No more state medicaid for this gal!) and also the 403B retirement plan. I didn't really understand most of it. It's a pre-tax bonds, annuities, etc program. Guess I should find an accountant for sound information on it all but for now I set some options and we'll see what happens.

On the 'dieting' front, I'm continuing to make the good choices. I'm pretty comfortable with my choices and believe that my weight is pretty much where it was. My scale is back home. I'll try to do an official weigh-in on Saturday. I'll be glad when we get settled and I can get back to weighing every day. I HATE this not knowing.

The lymph edema seems a little better today. I've been propping my leg up on a chair during my break times. In the evening I've been putting a pillow under that leg to elevate it a bit. Guess it's working because I can tell the swelling is less tonight.

No other real news to report so I'll get ready for bed now. Hope everyone is having a great week. I'll check in again in all of your blogs on the weekend!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I just caught up on your blogs. I've been so busy at work and so tired at home I hadn't had much of a chance. I felt so bad about the stool issue. Sometimes it's so easy to focus on what we can't do, but I'm so proud of you for what you can do. Training sounds interesting anyway. It's something new all the time. I'm sure it's boring when you're actually in it though. Keep up the great work. It's fun to read about all your new adventures. Good luck with the apartment. I hope that all works out for you.

Paul said...

Glad to see you had a few minutes to write about your new adventures - sounds like most things are going well even if you are bored a bit or doing things you don't like to do like role play. Soon it will be over and the student will be a regular worker!

Bob said...

I just caught up with everything going on with you. My, you do have a lot going on these days. I am so proud of everything you are doing and am wishing you all of the best. You have made such progress over these 65 weeks, yeah?

heavenlydm said...

You didn't know you were signing up to be a professional wrestler, huh? :) The thing I like about starting a new job is the learning experience. I hope you enjoy things once you get up to speed. Keep making wise choices.

Unknown said...

Hang in there Karon. For me it is always a pain to start a new job. I absolutely hate orientation! Probably why I have been at my current job for 10 years :)
You are doing well to continue with your eating plan. I am proud of you and always inspired by you!