CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 08, 2006

Training Week 2

And so it continued. Today started week two of my training. Today we talked about professionalism and teamwork. I had to do a role play in which I was the supervisor holding a staff meeting. The first one, the employees were the employees from hell. One was bent on saying if everyone just did their job there would be no problem. One said if I was actually with the kids instead of in my office, I'd understand. One told me to do the tasks myself. One agreed with someone else. All the employee roles were played by the trainers. Then we did the role play again, but everyone was cooperative and took ownership in the problem. Whew! That one was much more pleasant.

Then it was on to Child and Adolescent Development, Documentation, and lastly Observing and Describing Behavior. It was a full day and the end of the day was pretty boring. It was hot in the training room and I fought tiredness near the end.

Good news is we found an apartment yesterday. We have to wait until Friday to find out if we 'qualify' and get the apartment, but the person didn't seem to think we'd have a problem. I sure hope it all goes through and we can get a move in date soon. Being in a hotel is getting old rather quickly.

I'll check in again tomorrow, if at all possible.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Alright on the apartment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you "qualify" and that it comes through for you. The good thing is you have your job to take your mind off those five days of waiting until Friday to find out if you got it.

Have a great week!

Lisa said...

Good news on the apartment. I'll say a prayer that you "qualify" and then you can start moving in and making it a home. Sounds like the job training is moving right along. It'll be over soon and then you can get started on working with the kids. That's got to be more enjoyable then the training. Hope you have a fantastic week!

Karon said...

Paul...Thanks! I do indeed have training to keep my mind occupied. I'm ready for the weekend for sure!

Lisa...Thank you for the prayers. I'm so ready to get out of this hotel!