CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Day Two of Training

Today was interesting. It started out well. The sun was shining. Breakfast was great. Then I stopped to get something for lunch, because we were working through lunch today. I couldn't find what I wanted but settled on a turkey sandwich, some chips, and a tomato juice. Then I had to go to the bathroom, but they had no bathroom. What freaking gas station has no bathroom?!

I dropped Tim off and hit the road. Exited onto the freeway going East instead of West at which point I burst into tears. I was already running a little late. *sigh* Had to drive a couple miles, turn around and head back the way I'd come.

Get about ten minutes from the campus and have to stop for a train. Couple with the train the fact that once I left the expressway, I hit every darn traffic light red and I was a mess. I blubbered on and off all the way to work.

The morning training passed swiftly but was boring as all hell. It was about policies and procedures. Oh yeah, we're having fun now! Ate lunch while we watched a video all about HIPPA practices. You know, the whole medical privacy stuff. After lunch, the classes were about setting generational boundaries and about 'saving God's children' which is a program about sexual abuse. Wrapped that up and called Tim to let him know I was on my way back.

He then tells me he fell today. He went out to lunch and on the way back to the hotel room, he fell down a hill and smacked the left side of his face on the sidewalk. He bent his glasses all to hell. He has a cut near his eyebrow and on his temple. He has a big gouge out of his knee. He has pebble print bruises on his palms. And he said he hurt his wrist and shoulder when he fell. He seems okay, though. This is one of the many reasons I didn't want him here with me. I can't be worrying about him and working too. It's so darn frustrating!

Traffic home was a nightmare. I'm glad I won't have to worry about the traffic any longer than for training. Anyway, it was a rather difficult day but I'm doing okay. I figure we'll be fine afer some rest.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww Karon....I was hoping that your second day was great. I hope the stress and frustration is easing up a little today.

POOR Tim!!! I hope he feeling ok today. And you would probably be worrying about him if he was at home too, so this way you get company for dinner!!

This won't last forever. Hang in there!!

Caré said...

(((((HUGGS)))))

I hate days like that!

And I hear you about leaving hubby home. That sounds like what happens when I bring mine along with me.

I hope today is going better for you!

Care'

Paul said...

I unfortunately know all about HIPAA having worked on a project involving it for about 3 years. Count your blessings that it was only 3 hours or less.

Sorry to hear about your traffic snarls and Tim's fall. Ironic that he came along to help you out and so you wouldn't be alone and ending up being the one that needs the helper. :-(

How many days is this training anyway? Hope day three is going better even if you are the only "student" today!