Day three got off to a very good start. Breakfast went off without a hitch. Went to Cub Foods and got a South Beach Southwest Chicken Wrap for lunch and an apple. It was good! I'm drinking at least three liters of water while at training and another glass or two with dinner so that's not a problem.
I'm averaging about 3000 steps per day. For me, to be doing that consistently is a good thing. I even have to climb two flights of stairs each day at least once per day. Woo hoo! I do okay and go up with a normal gait. Coming back down, I do the baby steps but know that I'll make it safely that way.
The only real problem I'm having right now is with all the sitting, my lymph edema has swollen a LOT. I know if I gain weight this week, it's going to be right there. I have my scale here but cannot find a spot that isn't carpeted to place it on, so don't know if it's accurate or not. I will say I do not feel like I've gained any weight. If I can even just maintain this week, I'll be thrilled.
Tim is doing fine. He's a little stiff and sore from the fall, but he's okay. He has assured me that now he's being extremely careful when he leaves the room. Bottom line is I can't shield him from everything.
Had the other person with me for training today. We went over the company email system, first aid, cultural diversity, and disease control. As of this morning, I can now clock in and out using the computer. Woo hoo! I'm really official now.
Tomorrow is the first day of training on my own. I start the day watching a video about safe driving. Then I get to drive the 15 passenger van around this 93 acre campus for about half an hour. The afternoon will be spent on ethics. Oh yippee! The problem I have with being the only one in training is it's either going to make me look really smart or really dumb. I mean, when a question is asked, I'm going to be the only one there to answer. LOL Could be interesting, I suppose!
I apologize for not making it around to blogs. I'll make it over the weekend to see what's going on with each of you. I sure wish I had more hours in my day, but have to make do with what I have right now.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Day Three
Posted by Karon at 5/03/2006 10:19:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Karon, I love hearing about your days. What a big change in your routine and lifestyle in such a short time. I'm sure your weight loss program will be fine, you have enough time and good results under your belt that it should be mostly habit for you by now.
I hope you are having another great day, and I'm sure you will be looking forward to the weekend. You've earned some rest!
Wow...I can't turn my back for too long :) Sorry about the swelling, hope Tim feels better and your training goes well. God is really blessing, huh?
Glad things went smoother today. Hang in there week one is almost done, then comes week two and payday!!
At least with training, even the boring things pass and you go on to other things. Hopefully once you finish training, though, things will get better. It sounds like you're making decent choices but I wish that lymph edema wasn't swelling on you. I'm also glad Tim is feeling better after his fall.
Where did you find it? Interesting read »
What a great site special running Open source software engineering Breast enlargement pill iraq constitution meeting delayed Most recent lg washer Ativan halflife Omron blood pressure monitor hem773ac sale party2c bingo supplies bellville2c illinois http://www.rhinoplasty-new-orleans-la.info Diamond wedding ringsmen How to help teeen stop smoking pot Chubby hotties brooks and running and shoes running bear song Payday cash advance removethis Where can i save shopping for phendimetrazine
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. 2006 buick laccrosse cxs Custom team sports wear Noise cancelling headphone radio Zoloft prescribing information Acid reflux medicines protonix Dr seuss area rug Propecia side effect body hair http://www.archivestexaslotterypastresults.info diet bontril Designer eyeglasses canada Buy ritalin online.html http://www.verizon-wireless-phone-plans.info
Post a Comment