As far as weight loss, this month has definitely been a bust. It's okay, though. After the initial gain of 12 pounds when I started training, I've maintained my weight for an entire month. I'm pretty proud of that! It wasn't easy, eating fast food most of the time, living out of a motel, going back to work after almost three years of sitting on my arse. But I did it and I'm proud of that!
I can't believe I've been working for a month now. Wow! It seems to have just flown by and now June is upon us. We're slowly settling in. Still have boxes everywhere. Tim's been doing what he can to unpack some stuff but there are just some things better done by me. *chuckling* I feel I'm never home. I wake up in the morning and by the time we run here and there doing errands and eat lunch, it's time for me to go to work. I work my shift and then by the time I get home and unwind with Tim it's midnight, time for bed. Then I get up and do it all over again. Sure hope that this weekend we'll be spared driving down south. I'm ready for two days off with nothing to do but what I WANT to do.
The only thing that will have me doing that drive this weekend is if financing goes through for the people who want to buy our place down there. Otherwise, I'm just not going to do it this weekend. I'm going to take the time for me to just relax, put things away, and pull things together. After a month of back and forth, I deserve that much!
Looking forward to June and getting the weight loss rolling again. This morning I am once again below the 400 pound mark. Yea for me! Now I have to keep that scale moving downward because I've got mini-goals to reach and when I get to my final goal, I've got trips to take (Florida, Arizona, Alaska, and probably Boston) and many friends to meet!
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
End of the month
Posted by Karon at 5/31/2006 09:53:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow, working a month already? Where has the time gone? It's good to have you back posting. Sounds like you deserve to take the weekend off though. I say Go for it:) Here's to getting the weight loss rolling again and getting to where you want to be. WooHoo! Talk to you later.
I hope you get to have your weekend off. It's got to be a rough transition from not working to working and then not even really having days off because you spend them travelling. I'm glad to see you're maintaining even with the changes in lifestyle and eating. I'm sure things will jump back into place when you get settled in.
Thanks gals! I ended up not going into work tonight. I wasn't feeling the best and something told me not to go today. Since then Tim has been really sick. His sugars are way high and he's been vomiting. I hope we can get this under control or he's going to end up in the hospital. I really don't need that with everything else right now. Glad I'm home with him, though.
YUP - definitely Boston. WOW I can't believe you have been at that job a month either - but when you take training into account I guess you have. Happy one month anniversary! Now that things are settling in I am sure the weight will start sliding off again.
Paul and Jeanne ... funny, I have an aunt and uncle who are married with those names. LOL The weight is starting to come off again. Being able to sit in my recliner is starting to get the lymph edema moving again which is where that 12 pound gain came from, I'm sure!
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »
Post a Comment