I've had many problems with Blogger this past week. For a few days, I couldn't read comments. I also had difficulty posting. Here is the post meant to be posted on June 10 ...
Though it was a long day at work yesterday (left the house at 8:30 AM and didn't get home until 11:15 PM) it was a pretty good day. Training went well and I managed to stop by and take Tim to lunch on the way back from training to work. The training was in Chicago so I had to drive right past our apartment to get back. This was approved by my manager ahead of time. I was going to leave a bit early, but just as I was getting ready to leave, one of the girls went intensive (throwing things, swearing, shouting, threatening staff) so I stayed until she had calmed down and gone to bed. The littlest things will send these girls off and though she knew she didn't deserve to have privileges today, it was a bitter pill to swallow when she found out she was not going to get to go on activity again today.
The girls are finally calling me by my name. I'm no longer "that new lady" or "hey what's your name again". That is progress. I think it's also going to be easier because we have a new employee starting Friday. I'll no longer be the new kid. Sucks for her because she'll be getting the testing her limits crap, but great for me!
Tim's been doing really well with checking his blood sugar, taking his insulin, and eating. He plans his meals before I leave him so I know he's eating the right foods. So far, he's doing pretty well and the numbers are showing it.
My scale is still showing a loss from last week this morning. Now the trick is to hold onto it until morning so it will be official. I'm happy to be back to losing weight and not maintaining it. I knew it was going to work out. I think some of it may have to do with taking the stairs more often at work. I went down and up at least five times yesterday. I was so proud of me. I didn't use the elevator even once, though I could have! I'm sure that some muscle is bound to build as I use the stairs more and more. I can't wait for the day I can climb them and not feel short of breath. It's getting easier, but that will definitely be a day for celebrating.
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Problems with Blogger
Posted by Karon at 6/10/2006 11:57:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment