CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Update

Tim's blood sugars are running more where they were. They still aren't as good as they could be, but they are below 200. Yes, having them run high is dangerous and can cause a lot of damage to his internal organs. He's learned that the hard way. He's doing what he can to take care of him. He knows I have to work or we can't stay here. He likes it here. I'm working on various options to ensure he is okay while I'm at work. Some of them take time, contacting various organizations, evaluations, etc. It's all going to be fine. I just needed to vent.

I work tonight and was told last night I'm probably going to have to put in five hours tomorrow evening (which is supposed to be my day off). One of our staff didn't let the manager know that she has class this weekend and it really screwed up the schedule. Others have been pulled from this shift to work that shift and it's causing real problems for many. Last night at work was challenging because we didn't have enough staff to do what we generally do on a Friday night. Eventually the girls handled it; they didn't have much choice! The worst part about my working on my day off is I don't get paid for it. I'm salaried and they will get every minute free out of me that they can because of it. What in the heck was I thinking?! *smiling* Oh well, guess I owe them a few hours anyway from the other day when I didn't go in and one day I left early.

Still eating okay. Could be better but I'm getting there. Weight is still under 400 this morning so that will be a loss for the week. Yea! I'll do the official weigh-in tomorrow and post the actual numbers.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm so glad the scale is finally cooperating. I'm sure getting settled is helpful toward that end. I know you were looking forward to a weekend "off" without travel, and then you end up working. That's rough. Maybe next weekend.....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Caré said...

Glad to hear Tim's blood sugar is returning to normal, and you sound like you're doing better today. It's tough being the strong one all the time.

And, I cannot believe you've already been working there for a month! Time flies, doesn't it?

Paul said...

Glad to hear that Tim's blood sugars are returning to a more reasonable level. Salary jobs have their pros and their cons and I am guessing that since you didn't write about it you didn't get any kind of reprimand for taking the other day off (I wasn't sure why you would you've been there a month and it was only one day and you certainly had a valid excuse - still you never know and I assumed by your hunch you had reason to believe you would get a lecture/write up).

Good luck with your "official" weigh in tomorrow.