CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Week 72 Wrap-up

The last week has been a rough one work-wise, but a great one for losing weight. I dropped five pounds this past week which means only two more pounds to go and I'll be back where I was when I started working in May. I'm so happy to be on my way back and continuing on down. It's exciting because I'm also approaching my next mini-goal and milestone of losing 150 pounds. Woo hoo!

Work has been rough. I got called in early yesterday because one of our morning staff called off. I got there at ten and we left immediately with four girls in the van. Had to pick up two from work and then head into Chicago to drop two off on weekend home pass. The drive into the city went smoothly but the drive back, oh my! It was approaching rush hour (two in the afternoon) when we started back. It was bumper to bumper and stop and go on the expressways. It was three when we got back! It was a long hot day in a van that doesn't have the most comfortable seats. I did the driving, which I didn't mind and DID NOT need a damn step stool to get into. Woo hoo for me!!! I climbed right on up in there and was just fine. It was also hot as heck and though we had the air on, the girls insisted on keeping the windows open. UGH! They had the most loud and thumping music playing. By the time we got back, I had a major headache and was sick to my stomach. Thankfully, the manager agreed that I could leave when the girls left with our evening staff (four girls with three staff) to go to the Neville Brothers outdoor concert. I'm glad I didn't have to go.

But ... I called later to check in and the girls were awful! They were throwing "Skittles" at each other and other people. Then in the van on the way home, one girl was throwing stuff at the driver. When they got home, she was advised that was a real safety issue and she was losing all privileges for today. She went off and tossed two huge sofas about, causing damage to one of the walls. Dang but these girls don't know how to express themselves without being violent or swearing! The others more than likely lost most of their privileges and if I have any say in the matter, they aren't going anywhere tonight, though they are supposed to go to an outdoor festival. If they can't behave in public, I don't want to take them anywhere. Then again, you have to ask, if we don't take them out and teach them how to behave, how are they to learn? It's a no win situation sometimes!

Anyway, I have to work this evening. I'll be finishing up the pay period with just over 100 hours. I'll leave a little early tonight if I can. The girls have to be doing well and the home stable for me to leave early so cross your fingers for me!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

It seems there's never a dull moment at your job. I guess it makes the time pass. I know the way I'm working time is flying so I'd imagine it's the same for you.

Congrats on the weight loss. That's a super amount for one week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

You deserve the super patience award, that's for sure! I don't even tolerate that kind of stuff from my 5,3 and 2 year olds....but I know you said these girls have developmental disabilties, right? All I can say is that I admire your ability to take things in stride the way you do. Congrats on your super loss this week, that's fantastic! I hope you're having a great Monday!

Love,
Ann

Lisa said...

Wow! Awesome job on the weight loss this week:) Congratulations!

Caré said...

WOOOO HOOOOOO on not needing the stool to get in the van! I'm doing the happy dance for you! (does that count as exercise?)

Jamie said...

Way to go Karon. Glad to see that June is looking up for you. Well down, however ya want to say it! :) Fantastic news about not needing a stool for the van. Awesome NSV huh?? I hope the girls are giving you a break this week. Hang in there.

Paul said...

Hope you got to leave early. I'm a bit behind in reading blogs, so I am actually reading this on Tuesday.

You need to institute the "driver gets to pick the music" rule we have! :-)

Congrats on the 5 pounds down and nearing where you were at the beginning of May as well as the 150 pound down mark.

Anonymous said...

Hey Karon!

It's Wednesday and I'm starting to wonder if everything is okay with you...I guess I'm spoiled into thinking we shouldget an update every day. You're probably just very busy with those kids.....

Love,
Ann