CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Update Week 73

If you checked the stats on the left, you already know that the scale did not move for me this week. It was a stressful week at work and I think I let a few things get to me. I also slacked a bit on my eating and had ice cream at Culvers twice. That's got to stop and I have to knuckle down and get with it! Enough of this already.

I guess I'm not going to make my mini-goal of 180 by July 1st. I'm okay with that, though, because I have managed to lose ten pounds this month already. That's a pretty good average for the month so on I will go. I just have to stop my stinking thinking right now that a little bit of something won't hurt. Obviously, it isn't helping so it has to be hurting me.

For those who check for updates daily, I'm working on getting back to that. Sometimes I feel that this started as a weight loss diary (of sorts) and has turned into my life journal. I imagine sometimes readers really don't want to hear about some of the work stuff. I post it because I'm asked about it quite a bit and it is a big part of my struggle right now. It's also a big motivator as I'm a bit tired of being called "fat ass" already. It doesn't really hurt my feelings, I just wish they'd be more creative!

That said, for those who read all the time, I didn't go to that mall yesterday. We had one girl who acted up before we were five miles away so turned around and I stayed back with her. Oh boy, what fun we had. She refused to get out of the van, tried to kick out the windows of the van, wanted to pour baby lotion over the windshield of the car of the staff who said she couldn't go, screamed at me, played music full blast, played inappropriate music with swearing, was on the telephone without permission for over an hour, and was a holy terror in general. I didn't try to intervene as this girl has been in jail (not juvenile detention but real jail) and is a rough one. She wouldn't hesitate to put her hands on me and try to hurt me if I touched her or tried to take the phone away. I'm no dummy. It wasn't worth getting hurt over. She'll have no privileges today and it's her own doing. I'm just glad I'm off today and tomorrow. Maybe by then she'll have cooled off some.

Now, back to tracking everything I eat. I stopped in May and it has caught up with me big time. I also have to get back to planned exercise. I have my pedometer in my purse and will be getting the battery for it today so I can also start tracking my steps again. This is it, back on track and moving forward.

5 comments:

Caré said...

Wow, Karon. I am amazed every time you post and how difficult and rewarding your job must be. It really helps me keep my little world in perspective.

Anonymous said...

You are one tough lady... you'd have to be to endure all that you do at work! I had a job similar to that once and I remember how stressful it could be at times.

You also are an inspiration in your commitment to your weight loss. You may not reach the exact goal you set for yourself for July 1st, but you've already been a success in losing all that you've lost and kept it off!

Keep up the good work and keep pressing on!

*HUGS*
Nan :-)

Karon said...

Thanks ladies. All I know is I had to have a job and this was the one I managed to get. I go in and every day is the same yet different. I never know which girl is going to be pissed off but it's certain that one of them will be. Thankfully, it hasn't been at me, yet!

Nan, I never thought about my success being that I've kept the pounds off for all this time. Thanks for putting it into perspective for me.

Paul said...

Let's see - when I first read your I thought you said you had ice cream at Curves and I thought wow I just read in a magazine article that Curves has a diet plan now in addition to exercise but I didn't know they sold food. LOL.

Next I want to say of course we want to hear about other things other than just weight loss. I for one love to read about you job and the antics of those girls.

By the way be careful of what you wish for (you said, "I just wish they'd be more creative" when they call you names). I have to say that when I worked with Mentally Retarded people in my younger days that many of them combined swear words in such a manner as to make up new swear words that I had never have heard before and never would have thought to combine! The most PG rated one that didn't involve any four letter words is when one of the MR women called me an old warthog!

Anyway your plan for shedding pounds (writing food down, counting steps) sounds like a sound one - have a great week.

Karon said...

Thanks Paul! I've really been struggling to get back to where I was before this whole job thing got in the way. I'm taking it one day at a time and I will get the job done.

And yes, they do come up with creative things that are totally impossible for me to do to myself. It certainly makes for chuckles later when I think back on it. Maybe every time one of them calls me "fat ass" I can toss a dollar in a can. I'd be rich in no time! *laughter*