I managed to shed three more pounds this week putting me at a total loss of 135 pounds in 71 weeks. This is an average loss of 1.9 pounds per week. I'm slightly under the suggested average loss, but that's okay. I'm going to get back to a solid two pounds a week average shortly.
I'm using the stairs more and more at work. Sometimes I climb them like a normal person. Other times I use the toddler of method of one foot up then the other with both feet on one step before I continue. I figure it doesn't really matter how I climb them. What matters is that I climb them and not use the darn elevator! I'm also walking at least three times a week to the admin building and back which isn't just a little stroll so I'm getting a fair amount of exercise. I need to dig out my dvd player, though, and hook it up so I can go back to walking with my girl Leslie and using my fitness ball. I know it will make a difference.
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Progress Week 71
Posted by Karon at 6/11/2006 05:02:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
YES 3# and #135 pounds that's terrific, but you don't need me to tell you that. Way to go. I've read that other people had problems with blogger this past week but know on wood I only had one minor problem where my post won't upload this morning but when I tried again a minute later it was fine.
I am glad Tim and you have worked out a plan that is working for him while you are away.
Continued success in all things!
Hi Karon,
I've been trying to catch up on your blog about what's been happening with you and all I can say is wow! You have really gone through some major changes of late. I love your attitude. It is not strange to think of you as just what those girls need!
I read of your struggle with your salary and having to work much more than your contract actually states, etc. That has been happening to me in the 4 years I have been with the system I work for now. I understand exactly what you are saying, but then there are wonderful things that happen in the lives of those we touch that you can't put a money value on. That is what makes it worth it for me.
Anyway, good luck in your continued journey. Congratulations on the weight loss and yeah for your continued success, your new apartment and the beautiful way you and Tim have been working together.
By the way, its been so long since I posted I've forgotten my password. I'm glad, however that the comment blog accepts anonymous. LOL
~^..^~
Congrats on your loss this week! You're are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work!
Paul...Thanks! The problems with the blog have not been just with my own. I've even had problems at yours when I try to post a comment as well as others. Sometimes I try again. Others I just give up.
Monica... Not all blogs will accept anonymous comments, but I set mine to do so because I have a couple friends who like to pop in and post but not use their names. I generally know who they are! [Kind of like I knew this one was from you. ;) ] Thanks for stopping by to check up on me. Hugs!
Thanks Lisa! You must have been posting the same time I was. I'll definitely be continuing to work on this.
Hi Karon!
I'm so happy to hear that Tim is doing better and that things are working out on that front. Sorry to hear that you're putting in so much paid overtime.....is there any way you can say no, since your not paid by the hour? Seems like something to put your foot down about early on so that they don't take advantage of your kind and helping personality.
Congrats a thousand times on getting back on the weight loss track, I'm sure it'll be losses from here on out! And a million congrats on all the walking and stair climbing you're doing. Not giving into that elevator, wow!
Think back, not to long ago you weren't sure you'd ever get any aerobic steps on your daily count....look at you now! You are AWESOME!!!
I hope I didn't offend you with my last post, have been sorry for my bluntness about Tim's need for self responsibility ever since. I guess I just feel like I can talk to you freely but think I may have been too free.....forgive me???
Okay, I'v got to go. It's a beautiful day here in Southern California and the yard is calling me to plant some flowers....
Take care and know that we all love you and are behind you 100% no matter what kind of a day work and life have dealt you!
Love,
Ann
It sounds like things are finally settling down and calming down for you... that is so wonderful to hear! Congrats on a weight loss this week and for making it up the stairs all those times. I have trouble with the stairs too, so I know what a victory that is! Keep up the good work! :-)
Yippeee! I am so happy for you that things are righting themselves!!! 3 pounds! That is great. And when you pair up Leslie with all those stairs and walks to the admin building you are going to be a losing maniac!!!
You amaze me every day Karon. Congrats on taking the steps. I know I make just about any excuse to use the elevator myself but last week I used the steps at the mall and I was so proud of myself. I'm glad the weight loss is catching back up too. You are certainly an inspiration.
135lbs, that is so awesome!!! Hey, don't sell yourself short on the 1.9lb per week loss. That is a great number and considering we are talking about 71 weeks it's a great average. Good luck getting back to the regular exercise.
Ann...Please email me the link to your blog again. I lost all my links when I changed internet providers and since you don't post using your blog name and did not allow it to link, I can't post to you alone.
I assure you, I was not offended by what you said before so no more fretting about it.
Email me, please ... norakeno@yahoo.com
Nancy...Thanks for the encouragement. I'll feel better when I can go up and down the stairs without even considering using the elevator.
Jamie...I sure hope that the eating and moving paired will spell success. I'm sure going to give it my best shot.
Valerie...Thank you for you kind words and constant support. I just take one day at a time.
Barry...Thanks! I just hate that I dropped below the 2 lb average is all. I know I'm still doing well. I also know that more exercise is going to be key for me right now.
Post a Comment