CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 17, 2006

24 Hours Later

What a difference twenty-four hours made. My goodness was it ever cold here today! Brrrrr ... and the forecasters say we're going to bottom out near seven tonight. Seven freaking degrees without accounting for the wind chill factoring. UGH! Personally, I was enjoying the 60 degree temps yesterday!

I had a busy day today. Went to the post office and our check was waiting. Woo hoo! Off to cash it and then breakfast. We had absolutely no food in the house, so Tim and I went shopping. He almost fainted at check out but I reminded him I was out of everything so we did some extra shopping today.

Home to put the groceries away and I got a few minutes to check email. Then he decided he wanted to go run some other errands. Mind you, it's now 4 PM. So off we go again. Errands accomplished and then to Wal-Mart to get me some new socks. Nothing special, just some especially made for diabetics, but I like because they don't cut off the circulation to my feet and ankles. After that, a stop at the Dollar Tree to pick up batteries and toothbrushes. Last stop before dinner was a trip to Blockbuster to rent a movie or two. (We got three.) Dinner and then home and wow! I looked at my pedometer and am amazed. No wonder my knees are killing me tonight!

I logged 5150 steps on my pedometer today! Any who have followed my progress know that this is a HUGE number for me. Of those steps, 1824 were aerobic steps for 18 minutes. Yep, I earned those walking with Leslie this morning. I'm so proud of myself because this means I really am making progress.

I did a LOT of walking in the stores today. I did not walk in the grocery store (I knew I'd never make it) but did walk everywhere else. Progress is definitely being made.

We just watched the movie I picked. It was a cute romantic story called "Must Love Dogs". I got a bit confused as two characters looked a LOT alike to me. I had to ask Tim several times which one was in the scene. It was a nice movie with a happy ending. Awwwww .....

Busy day is coming to a close. I'm about to go to bed and rest my knees. Hope everyone is having a good week!

6 comments:

Nan said...

Karon...sounds like you had a busy day. You are doing fantastic at getting all that walking done everyday.

I'd take your low of 7...it's -9 here right now...I'm scared to check what low is forecast. Stay warm!

Shirley said...

Wow! You have really stepped up your exercise! I think your endurance is increasing rapidly now. Keep it up!

Karon said...

Nan...Woke up to seven degrees with a sixteen below wind chill. BRRR! I don't even want to go out of the house today. Alas, a return to the store is in my plans. I bought dish soap yesterday but it is nowhere to be found today and I'm completely out!

Suzi...I am amazed at my progress to be honest. My endurance is definitely building. Now if only that would translate on the scale. It will but it's gonna take time, I guess. Going to ask my doctor about it. I think my thyroid med may need tweaked again as I've been really kind of tired in the afternoons lately.

Missy said...

Karon,
5150 steps! I can't even imagine! That is awesome girl! I am so glad you are continuing to do so well! Take care of those knees! What kind of shoes do you wear? I'm always on the lookout for a good pair of shoes. I wear them out so fast and they are so expensive.
Missy
(Liketoride)
365/261.5/115

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog while wandering the net and I just have to say AWESOME job on your weight loss. You are doing so well. What an inspiration!

Best of luck to you!!
Felicia

Karon said...

Missy...I couldn't believe I walked that many steps myself! As for shoes, I'm wearing some style of gym shoe I got in the men's department at Wal-Mart. Not sure they are any big name brand but my hubby has worn them for several years. His always wore well so I picked up a pair for me and they are great! If you want more specific info, let me know. I have the box here somewhere.

Felicia...Thank you. I hope you come back and visit again to follow my progress. I appreciate you letting me know you stopped by.