CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Gloomy Sunday

The scene outside my kitchen window matches my mood today; gloomy and depressed.

I tried to do a post last night, but couldn't get into blogger. Had an email from a friend who said he was having problems also so I know it wasn't just me. Whew!

Tim and I went to the movies yesterday to see "When A Stranger Calls". I loved the original one that came out (and have been informed it was a sequel to a movie called "Black Sunday" that I've not seen or heard of before) and when I saw it was being redone, I made Tim promise we could go.

I was not disappointed. Though it was a little different here and there (from what my memory tells me) it was pretty good. I jumped a few times and even had goosebumps a couple times. I'd definitely watch it again, but will wait for it to come out on DVD. There are a couple things going on in a background scene or two I want to look closer at.

So ... this is the end of week 53 for me. I had my one year anniversary date at Nutritsystem earlier this week (Feb 2). Even though I've not eaten NS foods since last April, I still consider myself doing their program. I follow the guidelines and it's worked so far.

I weighed in on Monday to find that overnight I had gone up six pounds. It was not a happy day. I know there is no way I gained six pounds of fat over a 24 hour period. It had to be fluid.

To support that, the lymphedema in my left thigh seemed to feel heavier and harder on Sunday. As the week has progressed, it once again seems to be larger than it had been. I wish there was a reliable way to measure it but I haven't found one. Today it doesn't seem as hard when I push on it so maybe it's going back down again. I sure hope so.

Stepped on the scale this morning and find that I have to report a gain this week. This is the third time I've had to report a gain. The scale showed 411 which means I am up three pounds from last week. ::sighs:: I'll just keep on going.

Before anyone asks, no I did not eat too many calories this past week. I was right in line with the four weeks prior during which I dropped 15 pounds. No, I did not consume something with a lot of sodium in it. I've been monitoring my sodium intake for a while now and actually been decreasing it a little. I did not work out with Richard this week. I will be starting a new workout DVD today and continue it through the month so we'll see how that goes.

I know that I'll keep going because I have goals to make. I am going to get under 400 pounds and then 300 and then 200. It's going to take a while, but I'm going to get there.

Now, for any who want to know more about lymphedema, here's a link to a spot I found good info this past week. Of course, it brings up all kinds of questions for my doctor at the end of the month, but it is informative.

Lymphedema

Have a great Sunday!

12 comments:

Bear said...

Karon, Gains suck, but I'm sure it will be gone next week. You have lost over 100lbs, and you will get there! Hang in there!

Ehm Samir said...

Hey Karon!

Sorry to hear you're feeling low. From what I read, it seems that maybe the stopping exercising with your favorite guy may make you more prone to lymphedema. I know that my dad gets cellulitis if he doesn't move EVERY day.

Keep your chin up, it's just water weight. Stay on track and I'm sure with your new exercise DVD, you'll be losing BIG net week.

Have to go take care of kids...

Take care!
Ann

Anonymous said...

aw sweetie! I may have a gain this week too! Don't be gloomy. It will pass. Remember sometimes our bodies just need to take a break and rest. Or you could be building muscle and then experience a whoosh. Also I could not get into blogger until 3:30 AM so nope it wasn't just you!

Missy said...

I haven't check on you in a while or written in my own blog, but I've thought about you.

I've been down now for over a week with what started as a fever and wouldn't go away. Turns out I have a sinus infection that moved down into my lungs. I went through a series of steroids that will usually knock it out. I'm still doing the breathing treatments and I've been on the antibiobiotic since Monday and I've still got lungs full of fluid. I guess I'll have to head back to the doctors for something more potent.

I've stayed right on my NS plan though and lost a few more pounds last week. Now I'm steady, but figure I'll drop some more when I get rid of this fluid in my lungs.

Hang in there. We both know that perseverence is the key.
Missy
(Liketoride)
365/267/115

Jamie said...

aawww Karon....sorry to hear that you are feeling gloomy and depressed. Ya know Bear's right! You sure know what the heck you are doing with 122 pounds lost! You will figure it out!!! Keep going...

As for the movie "When a Stranger Calls", glad to hear it was good! I also loved the first one, but the thing is that it scared the begeezus out of me! It came out when I was around 14/15 and in my prime babysitting. And wouldn't ya know it...everyone who needed a babysitter had a 2 story. I still can't shake that movie....when I saw the preview it totally brought back everything!!!! I can't even watch the previews now! I am such a chicken.

Anyway...enough of that! I hope you and your doctor can help you get the Lymphedema under control!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers....

Karon said...

Barry...You're right. I will get there! I'm hanging in there, for sure!

Ann...Thanks honey. It very well could be that the ceasing of exercise is part of the problem. Not so sure it caused the lymphedema problem though as I was still moving when the swelling started again.

Michelle...What were you doing still up at 3:30 AM? And yeah, there could be a myriad of reasons including my body is adjusting to the 15 lbs from last month. I'll just keep on trucking.

Missy...Thanks for stopping in, honey. I wondered what was up as I know you hadn't blogged for a while. Sorry to hear you've been so sick. I hope your doc gets you on the right meds and you bounce right back. Take care of you, okay?

Jamie...If the first one scared you, then I strongly recommend you not see this one. It was very good, if you like that genre of movie.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Vicki...I'm glad the article helped. Don't know about the hero, but hey, if it works for you, sweetie. The bad days do come and go and I'm really thankful when they GO! Hugs!

Janet said...

You know what!! The weight will come off because the lifestyle changes we're making work.
We have to just keep on.
Do you have pain with your lymphedema?
I hope not.

Paul said...

Hang in there, 399.5 is right around the corner.

You are a mind reader I think - I had highlighted the word "lymphedema" and was going to go find out more about it by doing a search when I found I didn't have to because you already had provided at link to info at the bottom of your post!

Karon said...

Janet...I know the weight is going to come off. I'm not giving it any other option!

I don't have any pain associated with the lymphedema unless I bump it on something or Ceci bangs on it. Grandma sits on the floor to play and she has a habit of thinking it's fun to pound with her little hands. I just distract her to something else.

Paul...I'm haning on. I'm still holding onto the mystery mini-goal as well!

That article did provide a whole lot more info than any other I've checked. I figured many would wonder what the heck lymphedema is, so I provided the link.

Ehm Samir said...

Good morning Karon!

I wish I could fly you out here to California....the skies a blue and the sun is shining today. I can't remember a winter this mild, it's something else!

I'm such a scaredy cat, I can't even watch movies like that. I even jump at action movies....my husband thinks it's hysterical when I jump around at everything. My best friend LOVES scarey movies.....needless to say we don't ever go to movies together.

I read that article on lymphedema....I couldn't understand all of it, but I did learn alot. Sorry for my lack of understanding in the last post, I just figured if it worked for my dad's cellulitis, exercise might help your condition.

I gained this week too, don't think I ate that much extra to gain 2 1/2 pounds....must have been those stupid muffins. This week will be better.

Okay, baby's crying, gotta go.

My little girl (she's 1 1/2) saw the photo of you and Ceci and got so excited...."BABY! BABY! BABY!"...she loves babies. :?)

Bye for now, have a great day!

Ann

Karon said...

Thanks, Ann. Sorry to hear about your gain. We'll both have a better week this week.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... elmhurst outlaws hockey www. 1987 pontiac trans am gta http://www.buying-a-hot-tub.info/Lithium-battery-seal.html http://www.bigcock5.info/Roanokevaadultvideoshops.html Hockey postcards Sexy amateur ironing Barrington bedroom furniture Bathtub girls