I made a new online friend recently. Her name is Teresa and she has over 100 pounds to lose. She is not doing the Nutrisystem program. She and I clicked from the first post and she has since adopted me as her little sister. She's a little older than I am. She lives in Alaska and has been a big inspiration for me. She's always there, cheering with me, laughing with me, crying with me ... and I can't begin to say how much I've come to appreciate her.
I'm telling you about her because the most extraordinary thing happened today. I went to the post office and a package had arrived from Alaska. Wow! Inside was a copy of the DVD "Walk Away the Pounds" and an exercise ball with dvd, band, and instruction book. I can now have variety for working out. That is the change that's coming! I have to call my brother and see if he can pump up the ball for me. I'm really looking forward to giving it a whirl.
I've also noticed a lot of my blogger friends have new looks for their blogs. I've considered re-doing mine to make it more "me" but haven't found a template I like yet. I'm still looking, though. One day, you'll log in and find something different. I like this green one, but I also get bored easily. Change is coming!
I'll let you know tomorrow what I think of the WATP dvd. That will be my workout tomorrow. I'm going to do the first part which I read is about 18 minutes. It doesn't sound like much, but I'm betting it's going to be enough for me for a start!
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
A change is coming ...
Posted by Karon at 2/07/2006 10:38:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Karon!
That's really great! I remember Teresa saying she was getting something for you. Have you tried the DVD yet? I have a number of the WATP DVD's and like them very much. I also have an exercise ball that I rarely use...but I think I'm going to take it to Jordan with me along with a book on exercises to do with the ball that I bought a few months ago. I figure I should be able to find some time to do some exercise since everyone else will be hanging out with my kids. That is so inspiring when someone does something like that for you! You deserve it for sure.
Can't wait to see your new blog!!
Have a fantastic day!!
Ann
I am so glad you found a benevolent older "sister" you deserve the best and Teresa may not know it yet but you are the best so she has lucked out too!
Good luck with the exercise ball and WATP dvd.
Ann...I did the WATP dvd today. I'll be blogging about it in a moment.
Paul...Thanks ... for everything!
Mandy...I figured I'd get acclimated to using the dvd and walking and then add the ball. I have to make time to take it to my brother to pump up for me. I'm looking forward to working out on it.
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »
Post a Comment