CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Weighing in for Week 55

I was somewhat disappointed in my weigh-in this morning. I honestly thought with all the extra walking I've been doing that I'd see great movement on the scale this week. I did see movement, but it wasn't great! I also realize sometimes it takes things a little while to show up, so I'm not going to be discouraged, just disappointed.

And I'll continue to walk with Leslie every morning until the end of the month, then I'll do something to change up the excercise again. I'll make sure I'll still be burning at least the same number of calories in what I do. I'll also continue to walk with Leslie at least every other day in March. I want to be able to do the whole video without sitting down and moving my feet and I won't get there if I do it less than every other day. I'd continue to do it every day in March, too, but keep reading how you should change things up, so I will.

Been staying right around the same calories every day and in the range of 1500-1600 so I know that's okay. Water has been about twelve glasses most days with a day or two up to sixteen. I really think my body is just going through a resting period. I also know it's about that time for a week of water retention so I'm not fretting the slight change on the scale this week. Perhaps by the end of next week, the monthly monster will have appeared and gone and I'll be back to dropping pounds once again. I also have that doctor appointment on the 28th and will have my TSH level re-checked for my thyroid. I suspect I'll see another increase in my Synthroid and that will possibly help boost my weight loss again, as well.

Now that you're really wondering "how much did this girl lose this week" I guess I should tell you. First, though, how many of you skimmed this post looking for the number? Be honest, now.

I walked a total of 24,098 steps this past week. That's the most steps I've walked in a week since I got my pedometer. That was an average of 3443 steps per day. Wow! Of the total number of steps walked, 7645 of them were aerobic steps. Wow, again! Almost one third of my total steps were aerobic steps. Cool!

And now, since you've been so very patient with me, I guess I'll tell you what the scale registered as my weight for the day. This is my official weigh-in for week 55. It showed 410 pounds which is one pound less than last week. At least it is less and not the same or more so I'm going to be happy about it. The single pounds do add up with time and that's a fact!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so know how you feel that it should show more when more work put into it lol. I upped my walking to 60 mins a day last week and only lost 2 pounds but I did manage to lose 10 inches over all so hey not a total loss but I was just sure with all that walking I would show 100lbs down in a week *grin*. So this week I am moving it back down to 30 a day. Cant keep up that fast a pace for to long lol You are doing amazing. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

remember - exercise builds muscle - muscle weighs more - but building muscle means you are allowing your body a chance to adjust and skin to tighten up and all that!!! Don't be so disappointed! You will have a big whoosh soon!

Nan said...

Hey Karon....that number on the scale might not be moving much, but look how far you are coming in fitness. And I bet you are losing pounds of fat, you are just replacing them with pounds of muscle. The muscle takes more calories to maintain, so you should see it on the scale soon. You are AWESOME!

Jamie said...

Hey Karon....boy I don't envy you on those outrageous temps!! It is 49 degrees here and I don't want to go to the store. I can only imagine how you guys feel. Just got finished catching up with your last couple of days. I just want to say Way To Go!!!! your step count is amazing, sorry your knees are giving you trouble. (I have bad knees also, so I can feel your pain!!!)

You are so right....the single pounds do add up. We just have to keep the faith!! You are doing wonderful! Glad ya got some food back in the house :), enjoy your day!

Bear said...

Karon, I expect you are right that the loss will pick up in a week or so. You are continuing to lose and yep it all adds up! You are doing really good on the exercise, go Karon!!

Paul said...

I honestly didn't scan to see what the lose was. But I was glad to see you did tell us at the end :-)

Caré said...

I didn't scan either! LOL! I know it's annoying when the scale refuses to budge, but you are making great progress!

With friendship,

Care'

Karon said...

Felicia...Thanks for the input. I do have to remember that I could also be replacing the fat pounds with muscle pounds. I like to think I am but I can't be sure. I hear you about the pace. I'm hanging steady with my 19 minute walk with Leslie.

Michelle...Yep, muscle does weigh more so I'm going to hang onto that hope. I don't care so much about a whoosh as I do about constant loss. Thanks for the encouragement!

Nan...Thanks for the comments. I guess if everyone else thinks the fat is being replaced by muscle, I will believe it. The alternative isn't all that pleasant to consider.

Jamie...I am pushing through the pain in my knees. I go see the doctor next week and am going to ask him to be sure that's what I should be doing. I really think it's the weight of the lymphedema pulling that knee toward the center of my body causing the most pain. I have the faith and I'm definitely going to keep going forward.

Barry...Thanks for your feedback. I figure as long as I remain in the average 2 lbs lost range per week I'm going to be fine.

Paul...You're one of my loyal readers so I knew you'd be patient to the end. I guess I shouldn't beat around the busy but a gal has to have fun somehow!

Care'...Thanks! I'm glad you stopped by. On I go ...

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »