CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Not much happening

There really wasn't anything eventful happening today. Tim and I just hung out and enjoyed each other's company. We had the baby for a little while this afternoon. She's just walking all over the place now. And she proved she now has five teeth when she bit me, the little bugger!

We went out to dinner at a family restaurant. My cousin owns it and has live entertainment on different nights of the week. I totally forgot until we got there that tonight was Jared Yates night. Jared Yates is a local celebrity who appeared on American Idol last season. He was one of the top 24 but didn't last long. Actually, he was voted off on the first night he performed. He's pretty good though. The song he picked was pretty awful. I just read a bunch of opinions online as to why he didn't make it. Bottom line, hometown still backs their boy and he brings them into my cousin restaurant every Wednesday night. We did enjoy the music.

Rambled enough. It's already past my bedtime, so I'm off to catch some much needed rest. Hope you are all having a great week!

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Now I wish I could remember him. Sometimes it gets so hard just to remember the top 10 on American Idol (now that there's been so many seasons), so I know I can't remember 24. It sounds like you had a good night though.

Karon said...

Valerie, We did have a wonderful time. I actually came home and did a search with his name and American Idol and came up with some stories of why he didn't make it. He's actually pretty darn good but the song he chose was pretty bad ... an unknown song and he's a crooner that sings with his eyes closed. Nothing that really made him memorable or stand out.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Karon! It's the 2nd now, didn't get a chance to touch bases with you yesterday...sounds like you had a great day.

I went shopping yesterday!!! We're leaving on the 24th to visit my hubby's family in the Middle East (Jordan) and I seriously didn't have a thing to wear. I realized that I really have spent to much time in "lounging" clothes since having my kids....think it's because I've been pregnant or had a baby to take care of nonstop for the past 5 years.

When I became Muslim I started wearing my headscarf and looser clothing. I think that because I wore loser clothes, I never noticed anything getting too tight. So yesterday I went out and bought some jeans and some new blouses....I of course will still wear looser outer clothes when I go out but there's no reason I can't wear form fitting things at home....especially if they remind me to behave myself with my eating.

Makes me recall reading on a pregnancy website...the dire warnings to pregnant to IMMEDIATELY get rid of their stretch/maternity/sweat clothes as soons as they had their baby. I didn't take it seriously at the time but now I know that they really were serious. Live and learn.

I'm just tired of feeling "frumpy", know what I mean? Starting today I'm going to get out of my sleepwear and into my jeans EVERY day, even on days when I'm not going anywhere.( I say this as I'm still sitting in my jammies to write you!)

Muslim women also don't let people take pictures of us unless we're properly covered as well, because you never know whether men will be processing the photos at the lab or not.....anyway, we finally bought a digital camera this past month and I was able to take pictures of me in my exercise clothes and could see them without sending them to a lab. Oh my!!! That was a real shocker, hadn't "seen" myself in a few years.....didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Thanks so much for welcoming me to your blog...I didn't know if you would feel like haveing another friend or not. You just really inspire me and I think you're a wonderful person.

Hope you don't mind my chattiness....I'm a talker, have been since day one.

Okay, I'm off to drink some water and then HAVE to finish income taxes today...ugh.

I'm thinking about you throughout each day and am still doing happy dances for you because you were able to get up and down without any help...WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Ann

PS....I still don't understand all that technical stuff but I'll figure it out eventually....thanks for the offer of help. Maybe once my Jordan trip is past I'll have time to mess around with my blog. I leave on the 24th, will be gone for 2 months. Am looking forward to the trip, haven't been out of the States since my oldest was a baby.

Ehm Samir said...

Karon....

Hope you don't mind me using your blog to test to see if I've set my privacy settings right. You are the only person I want reading my blog, I REALLY don't want just anybody reading my posts. Hopefully I figured it out.

Thanks!
Ann

Ehm Samir said...

Excellent!!! Now I'll just e-mail you my url and then we're good to go!

Thanks for letting me use your blog to experiment.

Ann

heavenlydm said...

Hey Karon - you're turning into a regular athlete in training :). How kewl is that??? I'm really impressed with how much you're doing these days.

Jamie said...

Gosh...I just love the 'not much happening' kinda days! Those are usually Fridays for me. Hubby is off on Friday so when I drop the kids off at school I usually go back to bed!!!....It's wonderful and I don't have to feel guilty for the extra rest cause Hubby is not out busy at work! Way to go on your accomplishment on Tuesday! Your are fantastic!

Karon said...

Ann...You stop by and chat anytime. I don't mind. I always have room for one more friend. I have many who come here, read and never even comment so you just keep on coming back.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Jordan. I'm going to miss you while you're gone. Congrats on the new clothes. I think it's great that you were able to get some things that are better fitting. Hugs!

Oh and yes, you have the settings set now so no one else can link from my blog to yours.


Diane...Thanks! I do find that the littlest things can make me happy right now. One of these days you're going to log in and find I'm walking a mile a day. Now that will be KEWL!

Jamie...Thanks for stopping by again. Glad you get a day that you can get extra rest. We all need those days. My problem is I have way too many of them, lately.